Thread: New Member Introduction

No. 68, Lake kan st, Pazuntaung township, Yangon. Myanmar
    Thanks

Default New Member Introduction

I am Mr. Phonne Myat Kyaw. From myanmar. I am a medical student. Last april, I had malar rash, photosensitivity. So i am doubtful I have SLE. Going to physician, doing investigation. According to result. She told me that I have not that redirecting me to dermatologist. Now. I am clear why I have headache all time. Recently I knew that ANA test may be negative in 5% of patient. I have oral ulcer, photosensitivity, cuz our country too hot, vasculitis so. The last doctor told me i have vasculitis in skin and I am male SLE. I had undergone investigation last night. By the way, my renal function is intact last april. Ashame being medical student, I am so scared. I have now organ involvement other than skin??????:'(.:'(. by the way. that stupid doctor before mistaken vasculitis with mosquito bite and acne. But I am not too much sick because I took corticosteroid most time and anrihistamine too. Now i realized that I was born not to survive. I heard that lady ga ga also have borderline result for SLE. The fact that male has poor prognostic factor make me crazy. Would I had to die before I am fulfilling my dream to be a brilliant physician. :'( :'( Is there someone to encourage me. I am recently told that I may have stroke due to vasculitis. I think i virtually clear of organ involvement till now, lasting about 1 years
    I wish all be healthy,

Note from the Moderator-

This post has been edited to remove profanity. Please refrain from the use of such language in future posts.

Last edited by rob; 01-23-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: edited for content

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi, and welcome.
    i am a male who has has lupus for about 35 years.
    with correct medication many, many of us can live a life that is normal in length.
    we may need to modify our activities.....
    but we can still live a full life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Phonne Myat Kyaw (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Welcome

I am a male with lupus diagnosed about 3 yrs ago but I believe I have had it for many years.

I still am in the process of finding the right combination of meds but overall my health has improved greatly.

As steve pointed out with some modifications it is possible to live a full life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

Phonne Myat Kyaw (01-24-2013)

No. 68, Lake kan st, Pazuntaung township, Yangon. Myanmar
    Thanks

Hi,
    Buddy
    I am sero negative.
    But ENA profile is still needed to check
    According to 11 criteria, I have 4 --- malar rash, discoid rash due to vasculitis, very severe photosensitivity, oral ulcer
    Headache at many time too.

Thanks

You'll have good days, you'll have bad. It's best if you get proper treatment, in order to minimize potential damage to your body, however... Everytime I start feeling a "poor ole me" attitude, I try to remember my hematologist, who was born and raised in India, and was not from a good "caste". He had several birth defects, and did not have good nutrition as a child. He had all sorts of issues with his arms & hands, legs & feet. The fellow could barely walk, or hold a pencil to write. I do not remember the details he told me, but he ended up coming to the US for his upper education, including medical school. He made a great doctor, in spite of his "handicaps". He went home for his "vacation" every year. He has "retired" and returned to India, and is now helping run a medical clinic in his home town. If he can do it, I can... 'Course, I have no desire to become a doctor, but just to live life with a smile.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

Phonne Myat Kyaw (01-26-2013)