Thread: It's Lupus

Thanks

Default It's Lupus

Hi!
    My name is Gina. I was diagnosed today with SLE. I also have Celiac, and Fibromyalgia. I have been on Plaquenil for a month, and have been on Prednisone for 3 weeks. I am looking forward to "talking" to all of you, and sharing experiences.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Gina. I am sorry that you had to join us but am glad that you decided to become a part of our WHL family. Please make yourself at home and know that we are here for you as you travel down this new path
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ginarella (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Hi Gina! Welcome, and I hope you get as much help from this group as I have.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jolynnhughes For This Useful Post:

ginarella (01-24-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

hi gina, the combination of the three complaints is not unusual.
    many of us have both lupus and fibro, with others as well.
    and there is quite a few celiacs here as well.

please take some time to read some of the older posts......
    they are our personal experiences with lupus.

the search feature makes it easy to look for particular words or phrases.

again welcome, and welcome to your new cyber family.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ginarella (01-24-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome from another relative newbie here too!
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsLupus2007 For This Useful Post:

ginarella (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Hi there Gina, Good to meet you. I am so sorry you were diagnosed with SLE today, it must of been such a shock. I also have Caeliacs, another thing i forgot to mention in my long list of other illnesses other than Lupus. I have Fibromyalgia too, and CFS, Epilepsy, Malabsorption, Sjorgrens Syndrome, and the list goes on. I find sometimes the only way i must be coping with knowing i have all these and extra illnesses that often come along with Lupus, is i think i forget them abit until i know something else has cropped up because of one of them.
    Did you have a hard time getting diagnosed? I had a difficult time being diagnosed, it wasnt until i moved and changed doctors, that this new doctor said, he thought he should do some tests, because from what i had said, he thought he knew what was wrong with me. And that was the first time i ever met the new doctor. Just goes to show a fresh look at someone does help.
    Before the results came back, i was put on a high dose of prednisolone, it was amazing the difference it made. The only thing was, if i came down on the dosage of Prednisolone i would start to feel worse again. But after a while of being on Plaquenil i started feeling abit better. Sadly though i did get worse over the years and now have to take alot stronger Immunosuppressant drugs to try and keep everything under control. Its a constant battle for me sadly. But the thing with Lupus is to make sure you dont overdo it, and pace yourself as much as you can. Anyway if you would like to chat anytime, i shall be around more now, take care, look after yourself, kind regards Astrid40
    Last edited by astrid40; 01-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid40 For This Useful Post:

ginarella (01-24-2013)

Thanks

Yes, I have been going back and forth with doctors since 2009. They kept on telling me that the tests were coming back normal. Very frustrating, when you know you don't feel good. I was diagnosed with Celiac, and thought maybe that was the reason I felt so horrible. After being on my gluten free diet for awhile, I thought maybe I would start to feel better. My GI issues improved, but the fatigue, aches and mind fog did not. I ended up going to my family doctor in tears begging for him to help me. He referred me to my Rheumy, after a lot of testing, she finally diagnosed me. I have only been on Plaquenil for a month, so it hasn't kicked in yet. I am taking prednisone right now to get me through. I am still trying to wrap my mind around this whole Lupus diagnosis. I am so happy to find this site. Thank you for all of the warm welcoming greetings!