Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very sick, don't know what to do.

Thanks

I have no good advice, but just wanted to say I am so sorry you're suffering with all this right now, and I am sending you lots of good wishes and (((((hugs))))). Feel free to come on here and complain anytime and let us know how things go....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna View Post
    Have they checked to make sure you dont have fluid in your lungs?
    The doctor at the urgent care said " There is no fluids in the lungs", she listend through the stethoscope.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyInSeattle View Post
    I have no good advice, but just wanted to say I am so sorry you're suffering with all this right now, and I am sending you lots of good wishes and (((((hugs))))). Feel free to come on here and complain anytime and let us know how things go....
    Thank you sleepy.
    I have been whining and complaining so much to my hubby, I have to give him a break and whine to you guys.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

That is what we are here for Debbie! We even serve cheese to go with the whine! LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You just made me lol.

Debbie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-17-2013)

Thanks

I am finally feeling better.
    After this episode of not being able to breathe, I have decided, I would take my pain over not breathing. At least with pain, I can take some pills and feel a little better, but this
    not not being able to take a good breath, is very frightning. It looks like you guys were right, it just took a second round of antibiotics, to make me better.
    Thanks for always being here.

Debbie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-21-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    I am finally feeling better. ........ it just took a second round of antibiotics, to make me better.....
    this comment suggest that you have a possability of housing bugs.
    i would reccommend talking to your doctor , dentist to find where the problem lies.
    as i said, for me it was sinuses.
    I had no other signs to suggest.
    it was only with a doctor looking up there that we found the problem.
    i also know others that have throat issues. they breed the germs there and need medical intervention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    ... I would take my pain over not breathing. At least with pain, I can take some pills and feel a little better, but this
    not not being able to take a good breath, is very frightning...
    Amen, sister!

It is definitely something to follow-up with your rheumy & pcp about. My docs are reasonably certain the lupus was attacking my lungs the last few years (but who can be certain of anything in lupus?). The pulmonologist I first saw for my lung issues a couple years ago was certain I'd had asthma since childhood, due to the condition of my lungs (after a breathing function test), but I hadn't had breathing issues until my fifties. As steve mentions, there can be other causes of breathing troubles, and that would include your blood, since your blood (with the hemoglobulin) is what "translates" the oxygen & carbon dioxide from/to your lungs & body cells.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.b View Post
    this comment suggest that you have a possability of housing bugs.
    i would reccommend talking to your doctor , dentist to find where the problem lies.
    as i said, for me it was sinuses.
    I had no other signs to suggest.
    it was only with a doctor looking up there that we found the problem.
    i also know others that have throat issues. they breed the germs there and need medical intervention.
    I will mention it to my doctor, but I think my problem is working with the public, I am exposed to hundreds of people and their germs. All that while on MTX, that is not a good mixture.

Debbie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

steve.b (01-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    Amen, sister!

It is definitely something to follow-up with your rheumy & pcp about. My docs are reasonably certain the lupus was attacking my lungs the last few years (but who can be certain of anything in lupus?). The pulmonologist I first saw for my lung issues a couple years ago was certain I'd had asthma since childhood, due to the condition of my lungs (after a breathing function test), but I hadn't had breathing issues until my fifties. As steve mentions, there can be other causes of breathing troubles, and that would include your blood, since your blood (with the hemoglobulin) is what "translates" the oxygen & carbon dioxide from/to your lungs & body cells.
    Thank you.
    I have had a huge bood test done last week, I should get the results today. Like I have said, I also have asthma, but this time the inhaler did not help.

Debbie