Thread: Test results are in

Thanks

Default Test results are in

Ok, so the new Rheumy ordered a bunch of test for me and here are the results. I think everything is ok, they did not re-run the ANA.

I am only putting the ones that are Low or High etc.. If you would like to know others please just let me know.

HCT 36.5 L normal ranges [36.6-47.7]

ESR 42 H normal ranges [0-20]

c3 146 listed as normal normal range [82-193]
    complement c4 listed as normal normal range [15-57]

EBV, IGG AB 4.68 H negative <90

EBV IGM AB < 0.91 Equivocal presence or absence cannot be determined

I know no one here is a dr but just wanted to post how results came back. I see the Rheumy in aprx 2 months so we will see

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks for updating us! I don't know if you have this site or not but a great place to look up test info is http://labtestsonline.org/

Now on to your tests. First the reminder that I, nor anyone here is a doctor, but yours is pretty basic.

Your ESR is elevated which is typically a sign of inflammation but your doctor will have to tell you about your own situation.

HCT is low but only by .1 point and your doctor will most likely not be concerned. It may be a number he keeps an eye on in the future but for now it is so close to normal range that it will most likely be considered normal unless you have issues going on that made that be a test he was looking for (this test has to do with your red blood cells)

EBV is knows as the "mono" test although it can mean other things in select cases. 99%of docs run it checking on mono though. Notice there are 2 parts. 1 part shows you positive and that one is saying that at some point in your life you had mono (most people never know it). The other part looks for an active infection and it appears to be negative

unless I am missing something (which is possible because I am coming out of anesthesia) I don't see any others as being out of normal range.

please go to labsinline to read about the test itself and speak to your doctor about how these relate to you. The info above is simply general info
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (01-15-2013)

Thanks

Thank you tgal, I am pleased nothing too severe looking. I know every dr has to look at each patient individually. I have been reading up on the EBV and trying to understand it....I had mono but I had it when I was in 1st grade so 27 years ago so I am curious about that. I will def keep updating and speaking with you, I again appreciate your help as well as everyone elses

Thanks

I would agree with tgal on everything. I just wanted to add in my own little knowledge of EBV because I'm getting ready to start a research project (hopefully this semester) with my immunology professor on EBV and its role in the immune system. Depeding on my ability I'm hoping to look specifically at AI involvement with EBV and my professor said we may even be able to use my blood to study But anywho, there is some research suggesting a link between EBV and developing lupus, and MS. There isn't any definate research, and obviously EBV is a common virus people are exposed to so its not a definate cause of AI problems, but there is research being done trying to see if it is possibly a virus that causes lupus in predisposed people. I just read a good article about it, I'll add the link sorry I just nerded out....lol its my big area of interest right now. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/cdi/2012/370516/ there's a lot of cool research being done on different viruses and their role as environmental causes of AI diseases, they just put out research supporting that in some cases viruses do cause AI diseases.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

rizbit, that is awesome that you get to participate in a study with your Professor, congrats. It will be interesting if they use your blood just to see it first hand and be a part of something that could provide so much info to the medical world. I am going to read your link and you did not "nerd" out. Thank you for the additional info

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

That is actually very true. There are several studies out there on viruses and Lupus, EBV in particular although there is nothing concrete as of yet. Something like 86% of adults will show a positive EBV by the time they are adults so there most likely has to be another factor but I do believe there needs to be more studies done on this one due to some issues in my own family.

Glad y'all are looking into it
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Also if you have ever had mono and know it always remember to include it on your paperwork so that if labs are ran and they run the first but not the active infection they will be aware that you have had the virus.Both of my children have had it both at young ages and I always write it down.

Hope your dr appt provides you with some concrete answers and you feel ok between now and appt.

Be well
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.