Hi everyone!
My name is Shelley, I'm from Memphis, TN and just within the last year in a half was diagnosed with ASL and Fibromyalgia. I began having a lot of different symptoms and upon research, thought I had Fibromyalgia. I was experiencing the memory loss, zoning out or becoming spacy, wild eyed, loss of concentration, lack of coordination, backwards speech, and many others. My employer accused me of doing drugs and threatened to fire me if I did not find out what was going on. With that I was referred to my Rheumatologist who diagnosed me not only with Fibromyalgia but Lupus as well. As of now, the lupus is active and obviously more serious than I could imagine. December 31, my husband woke up to find me having seizures. I spent five days in the hospital having MRI's and an EEG ran. It was determined that I had brain swelling and my oxygen was low and the Neurologist said it was a result of active and untreated Lupus.
There is a lot I still need to learn and so many questions I have to ask but one thing for sure that I learned, do not stop taking the medications...no matter what. I don't know how I found this forum but I'm glad that I did. I look forward to talking to and meeting everyone.