Thread: Newbie

Hybrid View

Thanks

Red face Newbie

Hi everyone!
    My name is Shelley, I'm from Memphis, TN and just within the last year in a half was diagnosed with ASL and Fibromyalgia. I began having a lot of different symptoms and upon research, thought I had Fibromyalgia. I was experiencing the memory loss, zoning out or becoming spacy, wild eyed, loss of concentration, lack of coordination, backwards speech, and many others. My employer accused me of doing drugs and threatened to fire me if I did not find out what was going on. With that I was referred to my Rheumatologist who diagnosed me not only with Fibromyalgia but Lupus as well. As of now, the lupus is active and obviously more serious than I could imagine. December 31, my husband woke up to find me having seizures. I spent five days in the hospital having MRI's and an EEG ran. It was determined that I had brain swelling and my oxygen was low and the Neurologist said it was a result of active and untreated Lupus.
    There is a lot I still need to learn and so many questions I have to ask but one thing for sure that I learned, do not stop taking the medications...no matter what. I don't know how I found this forum but I'm glad that I did. I look forward to talking to and meeting everyone.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family! I am actually glad that I caught you before I am out of pocket until late tomorrow afternoon but I wanted to make sure and welcome you since we seem to have a few things in common. I too suffer from Lupus seizures, fibro and a host of other lovely things. I understand what you are feeling and I will be glad to help you as you travel down this road.

please make yourself at home and we really are glad to have you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Shelley! Welcome! I have seizures too, but unlike you, I have yet to get a firm diagnosis. I have Hashimoto's, but that's the only autoimmune disease that shows in my bloodwork. For now, until they show up and offer something a little more concrete, my rheumy treats my symptoms. They are many -- extreme joint pain, peripheral neuropathy, dermagraphia, chronic dry eye/mouth, brain fog, numbness and tingling in my hands, extreme fatigue, and a host of others that come and go. I have learned a great deal from the good folks on this site, and they have provided me with a lot of kind support. I know you will feel right at home and also be grateful for the online fellowship of those who suffer from the many autoimmune diseases.

Thanks

Hi Shelley,

Welcome to WHL. I am sorry that you too are in the Lupus circle now. But this forum is the best, you will feel right at home.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

hi shelley, and welcome.
    it will be good to get to know you through the forum.
    itis nice and friendly here.
    a few of us call it our cyber family.
    welcome

Thanks

Hi Shelley,
    Fairly new to the forum myself but everyone here seems nice and encouraging.
    So Welcome

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda63 For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-17-2013)