Thread: Confused

Thanks

Default Confused

My name is Loretta and my rheumy is going back and forth and has not officially diagnosed me with Lupus. I had a positive AntiDna and a negative ANA. I am taking plaquenil, Medrol, and anti - inflammatory. She told me it is in the Lupus family but she had not given me any answers as to what is happening with me...I am getting exhausted with the back and forth...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome Loretta;
    I am sorry that you are stuck in the diagnostic merry-go-round right now. Diagnosing Lupus is quite difficult and can sometimes take more than a year. The diagnostic process is lengthy and is really a process of elimination. There are so many auto-immune diseases and their symptoms and test results are very similar. As such, doctors are loathe to make a diagnosis until all other possibilities have been eliminated.
    Fortunately, your doctor is treating your symptoms while you are in this process (there are many doctors who refuse to treat symptoms until a diagnosis is made and the patients have to suffer for months). I know that you want answers, but in the arena of auto-immune diseases, answers are not easily had.
    However, we are here to help you as much as we can throughout this ordeal and will do what we can to provide you with support. I do wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-09-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

There is really not much more that I can say that Susie did not cover. Lupus and AutoImmune diseases are very hard to diagnose. The good news is that you are receiving treatment. This means that your doctor is working on keeping the inflammation down (or getting it down) which will hopefully help stop you from getting more sick while she searches for answers. The bad news is just what has already been mentioned. It takes awhile to sort through. There is no "test for lupus" so the doctors have to prove what it isn't until Lupus is basically all that is left. Sometimes it is a bit easier but generally that is how it works and it leaves you in this confused place for a very long time.

Until then just know that we are here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie... It feels good to know other people are out there who understands what I am going through.

Thanks

Thank you Mari