Thread: Ferritin levels and ale

Thanks

Default Ferritin levels and ale

I was glancing through the sticky on sle criteria and noticed anemia as a blood disorder/concern. With several doctors seeing me for different things, it doesn't seem they have any communication with one another at all. I've started keeping my labs in a binder. The oncologist (who is only watching and scanning me) recommended I take some iron, but didn't imply it was a big deal. In looking at my lab spreadsheet (gotta love excel), my ferritin is always 4. My total iron is 40 and saturation % is 11. Do these numbers need to be addressed and is that something important for my rheum to know?

thanks

*SLE not ALE (stupid autocorrect)

Thanks

I thought you were hoping having a good ale or beer might fix the ferritin issue...worth a try maybe? ;-)

I have a mild ferritin deficiency and I take ferrograd c as recommended by my doc. I can't comment on the numbers as I'm sure different labs use different scales...is there any guidance info next to it? Mine usually appears for example as blah blah level is 26 then recommended level is in brackets like (>30) That should help. Any issues discuss with your doc.

There was also discussion on here recently about what to let your Rheumy know....well.....EVERYTHING is the answer! You can also ask your doc to send results through to your Rheumy and vice versa....even if its something they don't necessarily need to know what's the worst that can happen, they'll look at it and file it away....but at least it's there on file.

Good idea with the binder, I know I should be more organised like that!
    I spent 2 years travelling Australia. Check out my travel blog at http://travelpod.com/members/helenlear

Thanks

Thanks! and the ale is probably a good idea lol!

the paperwork on the ferritin said (30-307)

AWESOME travel blog by the way!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Was your Anti-DNA level high? Low ferritin levels correlate directly with disease activity especially with an anti-DNA of 113 or above. So, I agree, these are numbers that you should discuss with your doctors and ask them how these numbers relate to other lab results.

I wish you the best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!