Thread: Recurrent Pericarditis/effusion~

Thanks

Default Recurrent Pericarditis/effusion~

:!: Hello, all, I am new here. Diag. last April. In the last year have tried to taper my pred. about 6 times, and have had recurrent pericarditis/w/wo effusion about 4 times. I am under the care of a rheum. and had my first visit with a cardiologist on Thurs. We are going to try Colchocine. :?: Has anyone else had this med before or know much about it? I have read on lots of sites about it, but havent heard any real testimonials......I also take 20mg pred. 10mg Methotrexate weekly, Protonix, and Warfrin. And.....I do not want to increase my Prednisone dose AGAIN!!!! :x
    I am having a hard time coping with this whole recurrent pericardits, again! :cry:
    Any replys a greatly appreciated!
    kimb in Calif.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Kimb;
    I am sorry to hear that you have to keep ping ponging with prednisone. I have never taken the medication you asked about. I hope that someone is able to share some of their stories about it with you.
    I know how much you hate to up your prednisone again, but with recurring preicarditis, please do not decide not to use a treatment that will control it.

I wish you the very best
    Saysusie