Thread: Cold sensation in mouth...Weird!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Cold sensation in mouth...Weird!

Okay, I feel sure you will all think I am a total wacko, but here goes. Recently, I have a new, very strange sensation in my mouth. When I inhale, I have a cold feeling, like I have menthol in my mouth or like I am breathing in very cold air. It goes down into my throat as well. I've never experienced anything like this before. It is not painful, but it is quite annoying, and it seems to be getting worse. I have no other problems with my mouth or throat -- no sores or color changes of the mouth tissue. Anyone have any ideas, or should I just call the men in the white coats to come and cart me off now?

Thanks

I'd call the doctor's office nurse line, and put the question to them, and see what they say about.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I was really hoping someone else had experienced this before. I go back to see the rheumy next week. I'll ask then. It's getting worse though, and this morning, the end of my tongue was a little numb feeling. That went away after a few hours. So weird. I always feel like the doctor thinks I'm a big psycho. This type of little strange symptom always seems to come and go so quickly. The big ones remain, but those pesky ones...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Never Ever call the men in white coats. With this disease, there is no such thing as crazy!!

With reference to a cold feeling when breathing - have you ever been tested for asthma? While this did not occur to me personally, it did occur to my son and it was found that he had asthma... a tightening or constricting of his airways caused the cold sensation.

I agree, you should speak to your doctor about this in order to get a definitive answer.

Best of Luck
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

jolynnhughes (01-08-2013), steve.b (01-07-2013)

Thanks

Rheumy said could be from Sjogren's -- damage to tissue from dryness. Of course, he said we would wait and see results of bloodwork. Should find out tomorrow. Don't want it, but sure do want some Plaq, and the only way he is going to prescribe is if he gets a posituve on something other than ANA. Uugh!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jolynnhughes For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-26-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If he thinks it might be issues caused by the dryness be sure to stay hydrated.Sugar free lemon drops work wonders even for us who have the sahara mouth and dust bowl eyes.I also highly recommend Altoids(red tin unfortunately not sugar free and dont feel froggy and do more than 2-3 or your eyes will have moisture just not the right kind-more like tears of pain)for when your sinus acts up as they work wonders for opening up the nasal passages(along with neosporin coating on a q-tip*dont double dip-smiles-*and a cool mist humidifier.Freeze everyone in the house out as heat will make all Sjogrens symptoms worse.

Its a horrid illness comparable I feel on every level to SLE but just everything that should be moist isnt and this causes you to about to go nuts trying to keep your mouth wet,eyes moist and nose not to feel like you have been packing it with cotton soaked in acid.You go to the ENT for advice on the chronic sinus infections and they say antihistamines,then the eye dr says absolutely not it will dry out your eyes even worse.

The Plaq can take up to 6 months to show any improvement and you do need to have a baseline field vision test done prior to or within a couple of weeks of starting the med and every 6 mo or yearly whichever your dr requires.It can cause damage but is very very rare.

I wouldnt make a call to the men in white coats either-the sensation could quit but then they might not let you go.You do know the more you say you arent crazy then the crazier they assume you are.

Just remember these illnesses are so different that your post is probably resonating with someone somewhere who has had it and is looking to see if anyone else has.

Hope you get some concrete answers at the dr tomorrow and if I repeated things already gone over.I am a new member and havent read everyone's background but just wanted to offer some suggestions from a fellow sjoggie who doesnt have that particular issue but likely shares quite a few others with you.

be well.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsLupus2007 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-26-2013)