New here. Are these symptoms of lupus?
Hey everybody. I found this forum so decided to join in search of some answers.
Are these symptoms of the early stages of lupus?
1. Chest Pain (I've read up of what happened to me and it sounds like pleurisy)- Really sharp stabbing pains, feels like it's in your heart. When you breathe the pain get worse and the pain is unbearable. I thought I was having a heart attack. You have to take short breathes just to breathe! I've had this more than 4 times I'd say. Had it 3 times in one year last year and then one this year. Woke up with the pain in the middle of the night this year.
2. Mild joint and muscle pain- In my fingers, wrists and knees and sometimes elbows. The muscle pain is in my arms.
3.Kidney problems- I get pains in my kidneys and sometimes its so severe that it knocks me sleepy.
3. Bladder problems/ infections- I've had countless bladder infections/urinary tract infections and they always come back every year. I can't remember the last time I haven't had one. I had this thing about a month ago. I went for a wee but soon as I went back downstairs I needed the toilet again but when i tried to go toilet nothing came out. Every time I stood up it felt like I was going to wee myself! but soon as I went toilet- Nothing! It's so painful and uncomfortable and this lasted maybe 3-4 days.
4. Flu- I always get flu like symptoms and achy atleast once a week and have days of just feeling like crap- feeling tired, nauseous, headaches, dizziness every time I stand up.
5. Eating- Some days I feel like eating like a pig and then some days I feel like eating nothing at all. My weight never stays the same. I'm 9 stone 1lb now but a few months ago I dropped to 8stone 5lb and then I shot to nearly 10stone but now I'm back to 9stone 1lb! I'm 5ft 8".
6.Heartburn- I've never had heartburn ever before and just started getting it every few days.
EDIT: I also use to get a lot of abdominal pain ( sharp pains in the place where your ovaries are)
Could this be the start of lupus?
Last edited by n.ami777; 08-24-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Ummm, see this is just a support group here. None of us are doctors and can tell you what you want to know. If your worried then you need to go to the doctor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:
I know, maybe I just have asked the question differently. Are these similar symptoms to what lupus sufferers have?
The problem with Lupus is that all of the things that can be symptoms of Lupus can also be symptoms of other things. A diagnosis of Lupus is made usually when all of the other explanations for the symptoms have been discounted. There is a sticky in the Newly Diagnosed section that tells you about what it takes to get a diagnosis of Lupus. You can find that thread here
Lupus hits all of us differently so there is very little that we will all answer exactly the same. Lupus attacks our bodies thinking it is a foreign invader and it depends on which part of the body it is attacking how we are feeling. I will tell you that Lupus kidney problems don't usually hurt. You usually don't feel anything and they only find it with testing. Mica actually gave you the best advice you can get. Get to the doctor and tell him/her what is going on. You can't find out what is happening without starting sometime.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
I am sorry you are having these problems. And like you I did the same thing a couple of months ago. Its scary and when the doctors and everyone are having problems diagnosing you and tell you that you have lupus you just want answers. And I asked the same question because I wanted to know if my symptoms were like those who have Lupus. Its not that I wanted someone to diagnosis me. I think that I was just scared and searching for answers really. I am sorry that like everyone else I am not a doctor and can't give you any suggestions. As for Lupus is different for everyone there is no symptom that says oh yes thats lupus. Going to the doctor is a very good idea, sounds to me like you really should go with all the difficulty you are having. If you are looking to see if your symptoms are anything like some of us, you can look at older posts and there are a lot of posts that talk about the symptoms that some of us are experiencing. Good Luck and if you need anything feel free to email me.
wondering if you went to a doctor and found out anything? I have all the same symptons that you do.
Tags for this Thread