Thread: Tired of the chaos :(

Thanks

Default Tired of the chaos :(

I have my dr appt tomorrow to find out of what I have going on is lupus. I am so tired of being told "I don't know what's wrong with you." by drs. Having friends and family doubt me and make comments about me being a hypochondriac. First my history: 27 female. Strict vegetarian the past 7 years. Barely any carbs and no sugar the past year. Would run/ jog three hours every day. Lots of yoga. Overall very healthy. Back in July I had the birth control implant nexplanon. One week later I started bleeding profusely until it was removed dec 6th. My health pretty much went downhill from July on. I was sick every day from July 8th until currently. Picking up every cold my kids brought home. I started noticing bruises and cuts that weren't healing. And crazy mood swings. I gained 15 lbs in 2 months. Developed food allergies
    To sugar, flour, and gluten. So I changed my diet to raw vegan. Seemed things were looking up as far as my energy level. Two weeks ago I noticed I was extremely lethargic. My hair has fallen out, id say sbout half. And it is so brittle, and tons of grey hair!? I would wake up with my son, bath and feed him, and spend the rest of the day on the couch or floor falling asleep. No matter how much sleep I got I was always exhausted. Then two days ago, my hands developed this aweful rash. It looks like burns. And the first time I washed my hands my skin literally started tearing in front of me. By the second day my hands were swollen 3 times the regular size covered in this weird rash. Whenever I would touch water it felt as if someone had cut my hands tiny little slits with a razor blade, then soaked in lemon juice, then lit on fire. It was the most horrible pain. My energy level continued to decrease. Even more hair loss. My joints were so swollen and sore, and my muscles were twitching non stop. Went to the ER because the pain was too much, and the dr gave me prednisone and said it was just an allergic reaction. When the swelling went down, my knuckles had these weird big almost fatty bumps on them that we're splitting constantly. My moods har gotten worse. My arms and hands burn and are extremely dry almost like a crocodile type feel. I don't drink caffeine. And drink a ton of water. And everything looks so dehydrated. Please help because I'm going crazy

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome to WHL. So sorry you are going through all of this. Hopefully your trip to the rhumey will bring you some answers. We will be here for you as you (hopefully) get the answers you are looking for. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get them quickly.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

firstly i want to say hi,

we are not doctors, so we cannot dignose...... but we are patients so we can talk about our own experiences.

i have recently had lots of issues that have been reduced by seeing a dietitian.
    they cannot cure ailments like lupus.....
    but they can help put some balance back into your diet.
    a balanced diet could and usually does help reduce some of our symptoms.

we seek professional people for many of our ailments....why not see someone who is trained in dietry needs.
    as a vegetairian and not vegan, it can be easy to not eat a balanced diet. (i have family who fit this problem).

hopefully they can help reduce some severity in your symptoms.

again welcome.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Phonne Myat Kyaw (01-24-2013)

Thanks

I was kind of thinking the same way as Steve.
    It could be your diet, maybe you lack some vitamins or minerals.
    You have to get checked by a doctor, who is probably going to do some bloodwork first.
    Good luck, I hope it is not Lupus, but just a vitamin thing.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Morning Debbie and Steve I was thinking it was my diet as well, saw a nutritionist, she is the one who recommended I go raw vegan. About 1 month before going raw I did go vegan, same problem with all the hair loss, lethargy, weird allergies etc. I have my doctor appt today at 8, so hopefully it's just a bizarre case
    Of food allergies or my hormones. Am having full metabolic panel and slot of other labs drawn this morning, so should know in a week or two the results. Not sure if this makes any difference, but my mom was diagnosed with lupus about 10 years ago, she is the one who mentioned it to me because of a lot of the same symptoms. Thank you guys for your help

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Ltucker,

Welcome to WHL. Please make yourself at home!

Rob

Thanks

And most of these symptoms up until TE weird rash on my hands, started back in August (hair loss, gray, etc.) My energy levels have always been very high, and whenever this weird rash pops up (har had it about 4 times now, never this severe tho) my energy levels would dip way down a few days before, the rash usually lasts about 3 days with all the puffiness etc then my hands are completely dried out and still cracked. This time around I had a lot of random numbness and tingling all over my body that would be in one area one day and completely diff the next. Here are a few pictures of my hands this last time. Not sure how to upload here,

Flickr.com/photos/rst79

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

the link with your mother could be something.......
    about 2 percent of lupus patients have it in there family.
    So it is definetally something to let your doctor know about.