Thread: Relieved to find you

Thanks

Default Relieved to find you

So happy to have found you all. I was diagnosed by my neurologist in October of this year based on my long-term symptoms and blood work (I was able to get in during a flare). Can't get into a rheumatologist until April. At this point I am only taking Lyrica because I have small-nerve fiber neuropathy. I am a teacher with very understanding students and colleagues who put up with my weird bothersome symptoms, including the goofy cloudy brain that makes me very much like the absent-minded professor. I also have a supportive husband who acts like nothing is out of the ordinary when we find things out of place, such as a grand-baby's clean sippee-cup, lid still on, complete with juice, in the just-run dishwasher, or I lose my train of thought mid-sentence. Thanks for the safe place to laugh and cry with others who can relate.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our Family;
    While we are sad that you have this illness, we are so happy that you found us and decided to join our family. Your foggy brain issues are so familiar to us, in fact, we have a thread entitled "You know you have brain fog when..." wherein we have all written some pretty hilarious tales about our foggy heads and the predicaments that we've found ourselves in because of it (lol).
    You have come to the right place if you want to be amongst people who understand, who truly care, and who are here to help you in any way that we can.
    Please take some time to browse our site, read the sticky's at the top of each page, join in any conversation that you like (or start one of your own), and make yourself at home. We are a global family here and our goal is to provide support, understanding, comfort, information, and camaraderie in a safe and accepting atmosphere!
    Again....welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family! We are so glad that you found us! Sorry if there was a delay in your thread being Seen by everyone but due to an influx of spammers all new members must have their first few posts approved before they actually show up in the forums. It will not be like this forever, I promise!

Please make yourself at home and I do look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Nanaeagle,
    Welcome to WHL. I used to teach, and I know what you mean about understanding students. I fell in my classroom often, and my kids got used to picking me up, turning me to the whiteboard and then getting back to work. I used a cane and later a rollator in the halls, and my kids were protective of me. I taught in a huge school with over 3000 students.

I also had the brain fog symptoms. I would forget the vocabulary words that I had just taught them. When I would hesitate, the kids thought that I was playing a word game with them, so they would provide the word. I rolled with it, and we played those vocabulary "word games" often!

I'm also a grandma. We have four right now - three boys ages 13, 7 and 3 and a 3 month old grand - daughter. Number five is on the way in May.
    We have five adult children, so the grandkids are coming fast and furious lately.
    I hope to get to know you better!
    Hugs,
    Marla