Thread: Do I or don't I?????

Thanks

Default Do I or don't I?????

Hello,

My name is Brandy, I have recently over the past months felt all the symptoms of SLE. I was referred to the rheumatologist who ran a whole battery of bloodwork on me.........
    My bloodwork came back with an ESR of 19 (normal as you know is =20 or >), my DNA ds Antibody came back as a (5) which is indeterminate, and my completment CH50 came back >60 and the normal range is 31-60......
    ANA titer came back negative.

I'm just so tired of these symptoms. I don't follow up with the rheumatologist regarding these results for another 2 weeks. Would just like to get opinions of whether or not a dx of SLE can be determined with these positives/boderline/negative results in addition to all my sx's??????

Thank you for your input in advace!!
    Last edited by Tullywife; 12-27-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our WHL family. While there is no one test that can diagnose Lupus, there are a battery of tests that, when looked at cumulatively, can allow doctors to deduce (after eliminating other possibilities) that there is an Auto-Immune/Connective Tissue issue occurring and that the issue could very well be Lupus.
    Most of us do not get a concrete diagnosis for years! As I've mentioned, diagnosis is really a process of elimination as there are over 60 Auto-Immune disorders and many of the symptoms are the same. Because of the nature of the disease (flare ups/diminishing symptoms/worsening symptoms/appearance of new symptoms), our test results can be positive at one reading and negative at another. The disease changes in each of us for varied reasons and as it does, our lab results will also change. So, it is never a good idea to make a diagnosis (or deny a diagnosis) based purely upon test results at any given time.
    I say all of this to say that there is no way to give you a yes or no answer to your question; I am sorry. It appears, however, that your doctors are treating you for your symptoms and that a diagnosis, at this point, is being used to provide you with the best course of action in order to allay some of your symptoms.
    I wish you the very best and please feel free to ask us any questions that you may have, we are here to help you as much as we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (12-27-2012)

Thanks

Thank you!! I appreciate your response! I'm just so anxious to know what the rheumatologist thinks! He's driving me CRAZY! lol!

Thanks

Hello and welcome..I too am a newbie here...Hang in there!! Always feel free to ask your rheumy what he is thinking...it took several years to finally put all of the pieces together with all of my auto-immune disorders..it was a very trying time and it was not until i almost passed away and my family searched for a wonderful Rheumatologist, who has saved my life, that everything changed..these diseases are so incredibly mysterious yet once the final piece gets put in place they are so clear..it is amazing though that we all share in the frustration of the "diagnosis". Suffering from Lupus, Crohn's and Psoriatic Arthritis and all of the complications from the three has been the hardest thing to deal with in my life...I try to be positive and look for the good things in life but as we all know that is tough at times. I am waiting on my first grandbaby (a girl!!) due in March and I just pray everyday that I will have the strength to hold her..but that's what keeps me going..I have made it through both my kids graduations from high school, college, my daughters wedding and now looking forward to the birth of her 1st child and that's how I survive..I don't have any miraculous solutions for anyone but I can tell you that if you try to keep a positive outlook it does help a lot..I wish you luck for a speedy diagnosis..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to michels96 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michels96 View Post
    .......I don't have any miraculous solutions for anyone .....
    yes you do!!!!
    the love of family is a miricle that cannot be overlooked.

i also live for my 4 grandchildren.
    they have a great power in there love.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-01-2013)