Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa lupie

Thanks

Default Tulsa lupie

Hi,
    My name is Tasha. I've had lupus for 8 years. It's been up and down. I work and have for all these years. I support myself and have two dogs. I was running half marathons. Love doing that. I'm single, but have had luck with guys understanding I have a condition. Right now, I'm on 3000mg of cellcept among other things. My kidneys are in stage 3. I hate taking meds. . I do it though. This new thing with cellcept also includes prednisone. I've been on it two weeks and I've been bloated and feeling upset. I am on cymbalta and that helps a lot. Thanks for having me.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! We are so glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear about your kidneys. Hopefully they will get everything under control soon. I know the meds suck but they are not near as bad as the Lupus on our bodies (which you already know).

Please make yourself at home. We are really glad to have you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Tasha,

Welcome to the Forum. I have only had Lupus for a year and have felt poorly. I am always encouraged when I hear about people continuing to work. Are you able to run anymore? I try to get out and walk several times a week. The former runner in me just wants to break out in a run sometimes. Maybe when my disease quiets down it will be possible again.

How do you find Cymbalta to help you? My GP mentioned it to me at my last appt. I am not taking it but am curious.

Glad to have you on the forum.

Thanks

Hi Tasha,
    Welcome to WHL.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi there ButterflyTasha, and welcom to WHL!
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tasha; welcome to our family. I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your kidneys, but I hope that the combination of Cellcept and Prednisone will begin to reduce some of your symptoms.
    Many people complain about the swelling that accompanies Prednisone (especially the moon face) and, I'm afraid, there is not much that can be done to prevent that side effect. Many simply decide that the benefits to their health outweighs the effects of swelling.
    However, there are some ideas about how to deal with Prednisone in some of the stickys (most of them in Lupus Medications) that you might find useful.
    In the meantime, we are here to help you as much as we can and you will find that there is always someone here when you need us. Again....welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Hi Tasha,

Welcome to the Forum. I have only had Lupus for a year and have felt poorly. I am always encouraged when I hear about people continuing to work. Are you able to run anymore? I try to get out and walk several times a week. The former runner in me just wants to break out in a run sometimes. Maybe when my disease quiets down it will be possible again.

How do you find Cymbalta to help you? My GP mentioned it to me at my last appt. I am not taking it but am curious.

Glad to have you on the forum.
    Nicole, I ran 8 halves this year. I ended up with a fractured big toe that ran into my leg so I was in a boot for 4 months. Now, I'm out of shape but hope that I can run again starting soon. Cymbalta was hard in the beginning. It made me really sick. But now, I love it. It gives you a healthy I don't give a crap attitude. Since I'm an attorney, it is awesome. I can take folks screaming at me and be ok.

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterflyTasha For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi tasha,

there are a few other runners that come on here.

things are usually quieter this time of year.
    hopefully a few of them will catch up with you soon.

many of us also take anti depression medications.
    some because we are depressed....
    others because we need the medication, but are not depressed.
    lupus effects us in many ways, and quite often this medication help us to function more normally.

Thanks

Steve,
    I started on cymbalta bc I was depressed. I didn't realize until I noticed I was crying everyday. It certainly has made things more manageable.