Thread: My first Forum

Thanks

Default My first Forum

Hello,

My name is Dede an I am 48 years old...I am falling apart..i not only have lupus but i have psoriatic arthritis and Crohn's disease as well.. i am absolutely miserable. I am currently in a flare and i am having such bad chest pain that i can't hardly stand it..i have had so much swelling that I had to go back on steroids which i swore i would never do but i know that they do help. i have been fighting this since 2005 and just when it seems like it can't get worse something else happens. Treating all 3 diseases is a challenge because the treatments fight each other...so we have to pick and choose what we want to treat. i also suffer from Congestive heart failure so the drugs of choice are not readily available to me as they would be if i did not have chf. i can barely walk at times and my hands hurt so badly. My intestines feel like they are twisting all of the time. I had to have my bile ducts removed in 2007 because they kept getting stenosed and now nothing just feels right in there. There have been so many flares and so many hospitalizations that i cannot even count. I still currently keep a full time job but i just don't know how long i can do it...i just don't want to ever give in to these diseases and want to try to live the most normal life I can but it is getting very difficult.

Well that is it in a very condensed nut shell...thanks for listening

Dede

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Dede! Welcome to the WHL family. Sorry that you need us but I am glad that you are here. You are like many of us who have "overlapping diseases". It isn't fun but know that we are here for you.

Make yourself at home a d I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

hello and welcome to our family i am so sorry to hear that your are suffering so much from your overlapping diseases please know that we are here to help you in any way that we can and to let you know that you are not alone

peace and blessings
    saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you very much Tgal and Saysusie...I wish I had found you a long time ago...although I thought I had done as much research as possible I am still learning so much about Lupus just from reading through some of the posts. It is so comforting to know that we are all not alone and that I will always have someone to vent to that will understand and hopefully I can offer the same to others...Thanks again!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to michels96 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi dede,
    this is also my first forum.....
    or it was when i joined.

thank you for joining us.
    may we comfort each other