Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: plaquenil side effects?

Thanks

Default Plaquenil problems

Hey Sheryl! I've been losing my hair before I was diagnosed with Lupus. So, my hairloss must be due to the lupus. I asked my rheumie and he said hairloss is a symptom of lupus. My hair's been getting thin. But ever since I've started on Nioxin shampoo and conditioner, less hair has been found in the shower drain. And I've been noticing little hairs growing in.
    I had a really bad reaction to Plaquenil First of all it made me constipated. I had stomach problems when I was on it. Plaquenil also caused a bad reaction to my skin. I had a bright red rash ALL OVER MY BODY! :cry: It looked like I had sunburn! Also, it itched so bad. I drenched myself with Calamine lotion. The itching kept me up all nite. I was so miserable. :cry: My rheumie told me to stop taking the plaquenil. Eventually, the rash went away. That was my reaction to plaquenil. I guess everybody has different side effects to it. :idea:

Thanks

When I first found our I had lupus the doc asked me if I lost much hair. Which I always did. I would easily fill up the shower drain every morning. He said that was one of the symptoms of Lupus. Then he started looking through my hair and asked how I ever noticed any hair loss cause I had soooo much hair. LOL

Thanks

Hi,

I've been on Plaquenil for almost 4 years, I developed narrow angle glaucoma and had have eye surgery. I was immediately taken off it - but am back on it now.
    I have had the same symptoms you decribe, it sucks!!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take Care
    Browneyedgir.

Thanks

Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to. My ruhmie put me on plaqunil today. I'll let you all know how it works for me.
    Tiffery

Thanks

Default plaquenil

I have been on plaqunil for 3 months and I'm just starting to get dizzy from it and stomach hurting and loose stools has any one had this. :
    Beanie

Thanks

I was on plaquenil for only a short time. It made me very constipated and gave me a bad rash all over my body. The rash was oh so itchy. I took benadryl to help with the itching. My rheumy had never seen a rash as bad as mine, he thought it might have been vasculitis of some sort. But as soon as I got off the plaquenil, and an increase to my prednisone dosage, the rash eventually went away.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Well now I've been on the plaquenil for about 2 months and I'm noticing more and more hair falling out when I blow dry. I assume it's the plaquenil causing it and I wonder just how much will come out?? It's not like chemo is it?...where you go bald??? I'm assuming (hoping) it's just more fallout than normal, right???

Oh and my waterlogged fingertips seem to be improving ...and I'm finally feeling so much better!! All that's left of the myriad of Lupus symptoms is the fatique and I'm working on that. I started gentle yoga last week and have high hopes for that :!:

I wish everyone a good day

Sharon