Thread: Lupus Nephritis-Cellcept and Rituxan Questions

Thanks

Unhappy Lupus Nephritis-Cellcept and Rituxan Questions

Hi everyone! I'm 21 and I've been diagnosed with lupus nephritis for about two years now. I just finished four rounds of Cytoxan but they didn't bring down my protein levels at all really. Can I ask what dose of Cellcept everyone is on? I'm on 1500mg but my kidney doctor talked about bumping it up to 3000mg to see real results. Or has anyone used Rituxan?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kmroth91 For This Useful Post:

youngLupie (Yesterday)

Thanks

Welcome to the site!
    I have been taking cellcept for several months-started at 1000mg,doubled to 2000mg and as of 2 days ago increased to 3000mg per day.
    My problem is elevated ds-dna and crp levels.
    I have never had any severe side effects from any meds including cellcept-at most I get dull mild headaches, which I see as a mixed blessing-no side effects but many meds just don't seem to work as intended!

Take Care NIall

Thanks

I just started on cellcept for the second time in 5 years. I started at 3000mgs a day. I hope it doesn't go up.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family! We are really glad to have you with us
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

My son takes 1000mg in the morning and 750mg in the evening of cellcept. He's been at that dose for just about a year.

Thanks

Today I am pink again. On the 28th of December I received another transfusion. I have SLE with complications as I have stated in my introduction. Mainly I am being diagnosed with Cold Agglutinin Disease. When first diagnosed with SLE I was prescribed to take sixty mg of prednisone daily. My fatigue dissipated but I would have a bout of nausea and vomiting every morning, sometimes waking me out of sleep. Cortico Steroids are a great cause of glaucoma which I developed in my right eye.
    I was also prescribed cellcept but the side effects were terrible. The diarrhea I suffered from caused me to carry two extra pair of pants and shorts whenever I went out. I was going to begin wearing the daddy diapers but it was determined that cellcept was not working. I was still fatigued due to anemia.
    That is about when I began getting Rituxan (Rituximab) infusions, a boring 4+ hour process. It seemed to work but I only got the infusions every six months. I was not called to receive another infusion and the reason why is I have to occasionally beat my doctors to prescribe my medications. My original reaumatologist died of heart failure (not from my beatings) and my next reaumatologist needed a couple months to familiarize herself with my disorder.
    I do not know what remission is and have only felt well (non-fatigued) following a transfusion. I have again been prescribed Rituxan infusions beginning this month. The oncologist and my reaumatologist concur that I will receive infusions every three months. Perhaps this will turn the tide. I also take cyclophosphamide which also seems to have little effect. Time will tell and after reading this thread I will ask my reaumy and oncologist to consider MTX.
    Last edited by fhallock; 01-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

I am currently taking 1500mg twice daily and 100mg of PLAQUENIL twice daily. I really havent noticed any major side effects other than fatigue and occasionally nausea.
    hope you have have good luck with the cellcept