Thread: Scared

Thanks

Default Scared

Last month I was diagnosed with Lupus after days spent getting weaker and weaker untiI finally couldnt walk and my husband had to call EMS. I spent 2 days in ICU and 5 days in the hospital when I was finally diagnosed with a mixed connective tissue disorder and later clarified that I have Lupus. I have not felt well for a long, long time and though the diagnosis is scarey and there is a slight sigh of relief to know whats wrong finally. I have 3 young boys, ages 3,4 and 11. I work full time though have been on medical leave since the hospitalization. I'm currently on prednisone 30mg daily and planqunil 400mg daily. I have had a few flare ups since but am doing slghtly better but I was expecting to get back to "normal". Right now doing anything exhaust me, going to the grocery store causes me pain and sometimes I cant walk around the store I need to use one of those ride on machines. I asked my sister the other day-what if this is as good as it gets? Will I ever be normal and be able to go grocery shopping and run after my boys? I also have spinal stenosis, endometrosis, HTN, severe anemia requiring a blood transfusion this summer...i deal with chronic pain on a constant basis. I'm on pain medications that would make most grown men pass out...and I'm still in pain. Even more so since the diagnosis of Lupus. So i'm scared. Please advise. What if this is as good as it gets?

Thanks

Welcome to the site!
    After many years of feeling poorly with episodes of feeling down right terrible about 2 yrs ago I was diagnosed with lupus .
    I still have problems but my overall health is much better now than before I was diagnosed.
    Now that you are diagnosed and have begun treatment there is no reason not to believe you will see improvement. It takes time for the meds to start working-several months in the case of plaquenol.

Take Care Niall

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

tgal (12-22-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Things may be different but it WILL get better now that you are starting treatment.!hang in there. It's going to be better
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~