Thread: lyrica and neurontin for lupus

Thanks

Default lyrica and neurontin for lupus

have you ever heard of those drugs being used for muscle and join pain??? if so can you tell me about them. thanks so much

Thanks

I've used neurontin for pain and hated it. I was taking less than half the recommended amount and felt like I'd had a lobotomy.

But I generally react very strongly to medications like that. For instance, I take ms contin (morphine) for pain during the day but can't take it at night because it makes me wired. Even Darvocet interrupts my sleep.

My mother-in-law took it for pain and loved it.

Thanks

Default Neurontin

Yes both of these drugs are effective in dealing with nerve pain. I use the Lyrica for seizures and had used Neurontin for many years for a damaged jaw. My dr discontinue the Neurontin saying it's much weaker than Lyrica. It took me awhile to get used to the disjointed feeling but greatly helped my migraines from the lupus of the brain.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I have neurontin for nerve pain that is a result of damage to my spine (CNS lupus). I have severe numbness from the waist down. I only take the neurontin when the numbness becomes too uncomforable, because as Ariel said, it makes me really spacy and brain fogged. I have to choose between the symptoms.

My neuro. had me take 300 mg. every 6 hours, and said I could double it if needed. I tried that for about three days and was a zombie! Now I just take 300 once in a while no more than once a day.

Thanks

thanks so much was just wondering about it. I appreciate all the input about it.

Thanks

I've not taken Neurontin. My dad takes it for nerve pain. He said it helps him, but only with nerve pain...not muscle or joint pain.

I have tried Lyrica for nerve pain and hated the way it made me feel. I am very sensitive to drugs though and will usually get every side effect imaginable. It didn't give me enough relief to put up with the side effects.

Thanks

I've never taken lyrica but have done neurontin (300 mg daily) almost from the first symptom so it's hard to say what it does for pain since I've nothing to compare it to. I still have pain but ignore it best I can. What neurontin does help with is sleep. My doctor said it will make you drowsy so just take it at night (insomnia has been a problem too so anything that helps that is good).
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!