Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curiosity & Kidney Stones

Thanks

Tgal: I most certainly will once the medical records open up from the holidays. I learned early in the game, the best keeper of your medical history is yourself. I have a personal binder of all test results I've had done that I take with me to appointments-which has helped tremendously

-magistramarla: thank you, I myself have pcos & have had cysts & fibroids. I'm pretty familiar with gynecological pain. Since discovering I have APS my gyno keeps a pretty close eye on me (actually whom first suggested I had an autoimmune disease after my second appointment with him) and we go in for hcg testing/us every month (have had etopoic I'm the past along with multiple miscarriages) because we've been trying for about 18 months to get pg with no luck so far.

Jmail: they were the lowest I've ever had but didn't realize how low until recently. Supposedly your not suppose to be discharged if your below 90. None too comforting, because I have a lot of lung involvement and history of PEs. St alexian is one they suggested, not where I was-I've been in the past it's actually a pretty decent hospital! My pcp usually does a bang up job at stepping up. He's told off more ER drs than I can count honestly lol my husband & I think that's why he waited there for us so they'd take it seriously. A few trips before an ER physician had discharged me under the dx of constipation when actually my kidneys began to go into mega failure & had to be started on dia in the hospital by my pcp. One of the many times he's reemed someone out! Lol I'm sorry that happened for you, Unless you hit a great one, ERs seem to only be good if your shot or having a heart attack! Lol

My appt got bumped to tomorrow, fingers still crossed we get answers. The pain has only gotten worse over the past few days & I'm about to go out of my head! :-/

Thanks

Hey BakedTater,
    I'm glad that you are very aware of what is going on with your health.
    I hope that you found out more today and asked lots of questions.
    Please let us know.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Bakedtater08 (12-28-2012)

Thanks

I dont know how aware I am lol but I guess when any of us have a variety of pain for an extended period of time, we start focusing on the "types" of pain. At least for me it helps me in knowing what's hitting when. But you are right, it would make very much sense to suspect gyno issues. I also forgot to say that I'm sorry your daughter had to endure that, I have heard it is a very painful thing : (

My appointment with his partner wasn't very productive. He doesn't like dealing with sle patients and told me he didn't want to mess with me & to call my reg dr once he got back. And that with my ckd, seizures & stones that "it must suck. Your just going to have to ride it out for now" In regards to pain control. The only thing he attempted saying after I asked about having Uric acid stones-my kidneys are also always filled with gravel-if the gravel could be causing the pain. He sat dumbfounded for a min and replied "you know, since you have lupus, maybe the lupus is pinching a nerve in your kidney. Yeah that would make sense, I'm going to write that in the report I send to your primary"...yeah word for word lol but the nurse called tonight & left a vm to call back Monday about a lab result & they needed to talk to me. Not sure what that's about, but I guess Ill find out when Monday comes!
    Last edited by Bakedtater08; 12-28-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Auto correct fail