Thread: Hidy Everyone. Was DX'd 2 Weeks Ago With SLE. WOW,

Thanks

Default Hidy Everyone. Was DX'd 2 Weeks Ago With SLE. WOW,

I'm 49 years old and I think I have basically had Lupus since I was a kid around the age of 8. That's when I started hurting all over, no energy, pain, sleeping every where I could find a comfortable spot and so on.

Was told it was growing pains, i'll grow out of it, then was told keep your mouth shut, nothing wrong with you but laziness. Some days I could push through it some times I couldn't. Missed a lot of school time because heavy periods would just litterally make me comatose for about 3 days straight.

Managed to get married and go to work but couldnt really work all that well, would sleep at lunch would take a couple of short naps on breaks and after work would go home and sleep for a couple hours before it was time to start supper for my husband. Go to bed early, sleep in on weekends. The stress really started getting to me when husband became abusive after I lost our 8th child. My first pregnancy ended in premature labor due to preclampsia and he was born 2 months early. Next 7 children died in 5 years due to sighns of Toxemia and Preclampsia. I gave up on having children because I didnt want to loose anymore. The stress of living in an abusive home made things worse to the point I left and of all things to driving truck. Actually that wasn't anywhere as stressfull as what I was living with. Anyway, a few years of driving truck and I started feeling bad again started experiencing more symptoms and had to finally come off the truck Wound up being diagnosed at that time with Fibromyalgia, Athralgia, Celiac disease, Endometriosis, Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Anemia.

Moved in nxt door to my mother and without looking had a boyfriend. He drove truck too. After 9 years he finally talked me into marrying him and he got me on his insurance and a few months later here we are.

Need a blood transfusion but couldn't due that until I had Endometrial Ablation procedure, well, now that I have had that will be getting a blood transfusion, and then I will be started on meds for my Lupus. Ugghhh,

Anyway, that's the short of it and i'll probably have a lot of question that I hope yall can help me with. So Hidy again.

Thanks

Hi tx,

Welcome to WHL. You have been through alot.
    When have you been diagnosed? Why do you need a blood transfusion? Are you on any meds?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi there txplowgirl,
    Welcome to WHL. Many of us have had symptoms since childhood, and it's really a relief when it all starts to make sense.
    I hope that you are getting some good care now that you are covered by insurance.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Hi tx,

Welcome to WHL. You have been through alot.
    When have you been diagnosed? Why do you need a blood transfusion? Are you on any meds?

Debbie
    Hi Debbie, I was dx'd on the 4th of this month with Systemic Lupus. I need the blood transfusion because I am severely anemic but dr was saying that I needed an Endometrial Abaltion procedure because I bleed so heavily and it's gotten to where i'm bleeding for 2 weeks out of ever 6. She said the transfusion would be useless until I had that, which was taken care of last week.

I have been on 325 mg of iron 3 times a day plus told to eat liver ever day and it's barely keeping me stable. I have been on so many different medications it's not even funny. Right now I am on 800 mgs of Ibuprofin, 600 mgs of Gabapentin and 7.5 mgs of Lortab.

Thanks

Welcome! So sorry for all you have suffered through, but hopefully getting a diagnosis (and a good guy) will be the beginning of feeling better from here on out.

There's a lot of information to absorb and it takes a while...this forum is a great place to ask questions, read, and just find good company.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Debbie;
    Welcome to our family. I am so sorry to hear that you have been through so much in your life and the loss of 8 children has to weigh so heavily upon you. I am glad that you are no longer in an abusive relationship and it sounds as if your current husband is supportive. Now that some of the major stresses in your life are gone, I do hope that you will find a way to get your symptoms treated and somewhat manageable.
    Please know that we are here to help you as much as we can and in any way that we can. You are not alone.
    Again......welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!