Thread: Does sunscreen burn when you apply it?

Thanks

Default Does sunscreen burn when you apply it?

Sunscreen has always burned when I put it on my face. I just found out this isn't normal. Anyone else s face burn when applying sunscreen?

Thanks

Hi Maegan,

When I first started having Lupus symptoms, my skin became more sensitive. Sunscreen burned my face when I used it. My dermatologist suggested using Vanicream products and that helped me a lot. I use Vanicream soap, moisturizer, and sunscreen. You don't need a prescription for it. I first had a local pharmacy order it for me but now I just get it from Amazon.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have only found one that doesn't burn my face. It is made by neutagena and it is 100SPF just for the face.

My skin became very sensitive too. I can't use perfumes or anything anymore. Another one of those changes that occurred because of this lovely disease
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heres my number one rule for everything...if it burns don't use it. I use that neutrogena like Tgal uses. It works great, light on the skin, and you can buy it almost anywhere.

Thanks

neutrogena 100 for me too ("sensitive skin"??) - (man, where's the brain... where's the tube of sunscreen??!?!.) everything else burns, or doesn't work good enough.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Never associated this with lupus. Although I just found out. We have a boat and enjoy a lot of time on the water. I have noticed over the years I burn I can't be on the boat with out a hat my poor scalp. I always thought the burning of the face was from applying sunscreen after being in the sun for awhile. Who new. Never asked anyone if they had this. I have also noticed over the years that my skin in general is way sensitive. I use aveno products for my face.