Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupus and Menopause

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    Well, you COULD be pregnant with 9 months between cycles!

Marla? Marla? Are you there? Did you lose consciousness at the mere suggestion of being prego? Yeah, I'd be THAT shocked, too, if it were me! ;-)
    Very funny, BonusMom.
    However, that's not possible. If it did happen, Jeff would be wondering who I've been hanging around with, if you know what I mean.
    I am always thankful that we had those kids while we were young and capable of dealing with them.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My flares follow my cycle as well. That was a primary reason I was passed around from doctor to doctor in the beginning. They kept thinking it was anxiety. Geez!

Thanks

I had the joy of getting early menopause at age 34. Previously, I would become quite ill with fatigue the week prior to my periods. In addition, I had severe itching and dryness. My first symptoms to occur affected my mental health, the next was early menopause, followed by Alopecia Aereata, and finally I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. However, I have had joint pain since, my teenage years. In addition when the spring and fall seasonal changes occur it flares up my Rheumatoid Arthritis and my mental illness. Furthermore, I have extreme fatigue and low blood pressure of 90/56 with a fast pulse rate. (96bpm) I am beginning to suspect with the number of organs involved that this is more than just Rheumatoid Arthritis. I believe it is just a matter of time before my adrenal gland fails or my heart...