Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question regarding disability & SSI

Thanks

So I just got off the phone with SS main office again-I was too afraid to ignore the letter. My denial letter was just for SSI and my disability claim is pending with the board-has been since the 23rd of October. The guy I talked to today was very helpful. He said it isn't actually an appeal like the other guy said. I submitted the release they needed and once they received that the process could progress. That an appeal is based on being denied by determination of not being physically disabled-a denial by lack of paper work, is not a sealed denial. The other man I'd originally spoken to hadn't put anything in about the address change-he told me that alone was worth me making the phone call because its a huge factor in getting approved. He said they have until Feb 20, 2013 to make a decision & that between now & then I should receive a determination. If I do not, then I need to contact them again promptly. He also said that the longer they take means they're extensively collecting my records and ups my chance of acceptance. So I guess for now, I wait some more:-/

And it is crazy to have to do those things-sad to have admit it, but I understand its necessity for us in this system. For me, I'm sadly a ER frequent flier so they can dig as much as they want! Lol there's more incidents than they could shake a stick at lol

Thanks

And I'm sorry you had to go through such a drawn out process, it isn't fair. I've given up on my credit score long ago lol medical bills have a habit of ruining it for even the most cautious pocket watcher.

Thanks

It is best to get a lawyer. You can not trust what these people say on the phone. The process of denying sick people twice is criminal. Making everyone go to court to get approved is a flaw in our social security system. Having had the obtuse woman with a bad attitude on my calls, as well, I have invested in a little phone recorder. When I call the social security office I tell the person answering the phone and anyone they transfer me to that the call is being recorded. The woman with poor character and manners either does not answer my calls anymore or she speaks in a more friendly manner. Although, I have been hung up on as well so maybe that was her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fhallock For This Useful Post:

rob (01-02-2013)