Thread: appeal date for next month

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default appeal date for next month

Well i finally got my appeal date for next mouth for SSDI.. i have waited a long time for it. but I'm not going to get my hopes up. i have the worse luck then anyone.. when i go what do i expect? do i bring anything with me? and i know with lupus most of don't look sick. should i stop taking my meds for about a week so i could look a little sick.. i really need to get this not having any money sucks.. thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

listenning to what you all go through............
    i am glad i live in australia.

there is definetally something wrong with the american system.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Is this the one in front of the judge? Do you have an attorney? No! Do not stop taking your meds. They are not going to go by what you look like that day anyway and you don't want to let it get out of control
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dont stop taking your meds, do you have an attorney? Make sure to specify that even though you look okay now in a few hours you will want to go to sleep or however you usually feel. Im still waiting for my official letter about the judges decision from my court hearing, but i'm optimistic because my lawyer had a chance to talk to the judge about me before and after the hearing because the person before me didn't show up. The judge will ask you questions like why can't you work and whats holding you back and other questions. The judge will probably ask how your lupus affected your past jobs and such. Mine was really quick because of my lawyer. Just tell the judge the truth and try to tell him in terms that anyone can understand. Like I told my judge about my tiredness and pain it went on a scale...on a good day like 3 on a normal day like a 6 or 7 and on a bad day a 9 or 10. Basically so they can see in like from a normal person point of view and so they know that no matter how well I feel I am still tired and in pain. Bring your medications, pretty sure your letter telling you about the court hearing says that. They have all your files and stuff there.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

steve.b (12-07-2012), Tracyl50 (12-16-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes i have a lawyer i called them the other day to let them know i got the letter. She said my lawyer will call me when the date gets closer to go over everything. I'm nervous i have the worst luck that anyone can have. so i won't be shocked if they turned me down. But if i was a druggie i would get it right away.. its like i ask to have lupus, fibro, arthritis and now depression. I know people who get is and they don't need it. I'm tired all the time, I'm in pain, my fingers cramp up, i have to take pain pills if i want to do anything. . and with the meds I'm on says a lot. Its just sucks.. My husband is going with me so i hope they let him talk. he can speak better than me

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyl50 View Post
    yes i have a lawyer i called them the other day to let them know i got the letter. She said my lawyer will call me when the date gets closer to go over everything. I'm nervous i have the worst luck that anyone can have. so i won't be shocked if they turned me down. But if i was a druggie i would get it right away.. its like i ask to have lupus, fibro, arthritis and now depression. I know people who get is and they don't need it. I'm tired all the time, I'm in pain, my fingers cramp up, i have to take pain pills if i want to do anything. . and with the meds I'm on says a lot. Its just sucks.. My husband is going with me so i hope they let him talk. he can speak better than me
    I don't know if they will let your husband in to talk for you because they wouldn't let my mom come in with me. Remember the judge has seen everything so it won't be new that you have trouble speaking about whats wrong. Maybe it would help if you wrote down all that keeps you from working and holding a regular job. Like the fatigue and pain, but ask your lawyer if thats okay because your lawyer would know the judge best and the judge may not like that like my judge did. I'm with you I have the worse luck on everything and am still waiting for the official letter from the judges decision, my judge was pretty optimistic about it but I am like you that never get excited about anything until it's official. I just tell me I got the short end of the stick from genetic pool, I have a healthy twin sister, and in the luck area. If something nice happens for me it feels like 10 more bad things will happen LOL. And I too know people who get it too that don't need it....like my crazy hypochondriac drug and alcoholic aunt.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Tracyl50 (12-16-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i hope i get it. i hope they let my husband go in with me. i know when ssdi sent me the turn down letter to me, stated, there is medical evidence that i have Lupus, fibro, asthma, and depression for the loss of my son. they said i can lift no more then 20lbs and carry no more then 10lbs, and i can sit and stand most of the day. there are no jobs like that. and who would hire me.. I'm in pain all the time. Even when i do some house work i have to take a pain pill. i do a little, then i have to sit down. i don't even drive much because I'm to tired…i most of time i have to take a nap during the day. i can't sleep at night because i have arthritis in my hips. so if i lay on one side to long is wakes me up in pain. I don't understand why ssdi gives people a hard time. its just so sad we have to get a lawyer and fight to get it. i mean i would do anything to have my old life back. I miss working. When i go to my court date. i won't find out that day?? how long do they make you wait??