Thread: trouble breathing

Thanks

Question trouble breathing

I'm having trouble breathing for the 4th day in a row (started monday) and every time I take a deep breath I get pain in my back, Newly diagnosed with Lupus last Sunday, doctor advised for me to take ibuprofen and this is helping some but I still would like to know what the deal is? Thanks

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Anytime there are issues involving organs we don't mess around with those. There is a difference between having pain and having difficulty breathing. This needs to be looked at ASAP. You need to see your doctor or get to an ER if it is bad. If you don't need a referral I would also suggest making an appointment with a pulmonalogist (sp). Pain in the heart/lung area and or difficulty breathing is something that can get out of hand quickly. Until you know what it is and know for sure that it is nothing to be alarmed about it is always best to err on the side of caution and get to the doctor or ER quickly.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Bakedtater08 (12-07-2012), debbie-b (12-07-2012)

Thanks

You might have a touch of plueresy, or might be having an asthma attack (which is nothing trivial either). Like other lupus symptoms, it can make telling the diff between a lupus symptom, and something more serious difficult at times. As Mari notes, the combination can be a sign of serious heart trouble, and should not be ignored, and should be dealt with immediately. As another little note, my lungs get attacked all the time by the lupus. Another thing about it all, after you get it checked out, try to stay calm, 'cause what happened with me one time was, I had an asthma attack (with a lupus flare), and I panicked, bad... It made treating me much more difficult. 'Course, IF i'd gone to the hospital when i should have, things would have gone differently... |;^)
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Totally agree with jmail - unfortunately difficulty breathing and chest pain are common, but as they said can also be a sign of a serious issue since you are so very succeptible to bronchitis and pneumonia, even when you don't have the classic symtoms. Have it checked out - start a journal or use a calendar to mark this and other symtoms and eventually it will help you predict your flares and help you determine what is serious S.O.B. and what is normal for you. If it is part of your flare, listen to your body - you need to take it easy - don't push yourself too hard.