Thread: Shoulder Pain and a numb arm

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Shoulder Pain and a numb arm

Hi! My name is Laurianna and I was just diagnosed a little over a week ago and I'm starting to experience shoulder pain along with numbness and tingling in my right arm. Is anyone else having this problem?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Shoulder pain and numbness/tingling in which arm? If it is your left it should not be ignored, ever! That can be a sign of heart attack in women (although it can also be other things) but the first thing that has to be done is get to a doctor or ER ASAP to make sure there are no heart issues going on.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

jolynnhughes (01-15-2013)

Thanks

It's my right arm and my legs as well now. I see my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he can remedy this.

Thanks

Hi. I have overall pretty mild SLE, but have had numb/tingling feet for a solid year and a half now. It is 24hrs a day! It doesn't really hurt but it is a nuisance. My Rheumy is keeping an eye on it, my Neuro ruled out MS overlap disease. B12 levels are fine. MRI showed a few white spots on my brain that can be from Lupus. My Neuro said that even though the bloodwork looks "quiet" right now, the tingling can be a manifestation of my Lupus. I always have low platelets, elevated ALT and positive ANA and Anti-dbl stranded DNA.

During a bad "full body" flare a few years ago, I would wake up with no sensation in my hands, and it would take a while for the tingling to start before regaining feeling. I don't have any answers, but I thought I would share since it has been difficult for me to find others who have this going on.

I have not been able to remedy it, sorry to say! I hope you can get some relief.

Thanks

I have numbness in both hands -- the outside two fingers going up the outside of my arm almost to my elbow. It is not completely numb but enough to be bothersome. Sometimes my fingers have a lot of pressure in them. It's weird. The Neurontin helps. I only take 300 mg. once a day (at night). Hope this gets better soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

i have numbness that comes and goes also...
    i have found the cuse for mine.

i have a lot of problem with inflamation.

when a muscles is inflamed, it causes restriction to the blood flowing through it.
    this reduced blood flow causes the tingling feeling.
    keeping a limb still can make it worse.
    i rarely drive, for a number of reasons.
    this is one of them.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I just wrote a really long post and I have no idea where it went!

short version. Have your doctor check your potassium levels. While I have several reasons for numbness/tingling in my hands/feet/arms one of them is when my potassium level drops too low. It can be very dangerous so it needs to be dealt with if that is the cause but the good news is that it is an easy fix
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~