Thread: Hello

Thanks

Unhappy Hello

Hi my name is Laurianna and I'm 26 years old. I was just told last week that a blood test came back positive for Lupus. I've always had weird things go on with my body such as fatigue, anemia, headaches, dizziness, and tingling in my feet and hands. Last night I began to experience numbness on the right side of my body. First my leg then there was pain in my shoulder then my arm went numb. It's been numb all Dat today as well. My first Rheumy appt isn't until Jan 7th. Any suggestions on how to cope with flare ups until then?

Thanks

Hi Laurianna. I am pretty new here but thought I would welcome you to the board. Have you told your primary doctor about the numbness? Maybe he can get you in with the rheumatologist quicker. I am sorry you are having a hard time. My suggestions for dealing with flare-ups before you can get to a rheumatologist would be to get lots of rest, reduce your stress level, and stay out of the sun.

Thanks

Hi Nicole!
    I think I will call him later today because it hasn't really stopped. I will definitely take your advice! I'm just glad to know that someone understands

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Many of us deal with numbness/tingling in different parts of our body. It will need to be looked into. If you begin to feel it in your face and your face begins to feel "droopy" you need to get to an ER. Other than that you might want to call your primary doc to discuss it. Once you become more accustom to how the disease feels in you there will be fewer doctors calls because you will learn what is, and what isn't, important. Early on, however, it is better to be safe than sorry
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-06-2012)

Thanks

"Hey" Laurianna, and welcome to WHL forum. Like Nicole suggests, you could call your gp or pcp, and aske their advice. They might have suggestion to get you by until your rheumy appointment. You might also be careful of flourescent lighting. If it's unfiltered, it can cause some of us issues. Hope you get to feeling better. One thing about the blood work, a "positive" test doesn't necessarily have to mean lupus. It might be something "simple", or not so long-term that you'd have to deal with.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Laurianna;
    Did you call your doctor? Has the numbness gone away?

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi everyone! My doctor prescribed Methylprednisolone for my back pain. He said that my back had some inflammation which was causing my legs to feel numb at times. It actually has helped and today was the first day that I haven't felt any pain in a long time. My first Rheumy appt is Jan. 7th so I'll definitely know more then. As for the droopy face, I experienced some tingling in my face about a month ago along with a headache and it stopped. I went to the doctor for that and they didn't did anything wrong.

Thanks

Oh does anyone have any suggestions for this rash? It does get itchy at times.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laurib86 View Post
    Hi everyone! My doctor prescribed Methylprednisolone for my back pain. He said that my back had some inflammation which was causing my legs to feel numb at times. .......
    my wife has similar problems from a different reason.
    the L5 and L5 are the joints that cause legs issues.

this is handy to tell the rhuemy.