Thread: Ello new to town

Hybrid View

Thanks

Cool Ello new to town

Eeey hows its goin my fellow lupers and lupies B)

My name is Antonio recently moved orlando from Puerto Rico. (If anyones in the neighborhood let me know)
    Was diagnosed with lupus abouy 2years ago. Was told about these types of fourms but never really. ioked into it,i came across this fun little website by accident and saw it as a chance to meet some new people and maybe its a" sign".
    Hmmm what else.....
    Ive read some posts already and can quickly relate and some others not so much...Maybe because its the way i choose my life or just luck idk. For example im a little shy but i tend to be a out going person,im constantly pushing myself in whatever it may be sports,school,gym work etc etc. Always trying to achive a "normal" life style. I get mad/upset when people tell me i cant do something also a little hard headed when it comes to those type of topics. I dont like people makeing a big deal out of my condition or giving me unwanted special treatment because i have this condition. Im like this because i dont want to develop lazy habbits and brush it off as lupus but i do understand the whole dont push youself to much concept.

I think this turned out into more of a rant then a introduction but i lost my train of thought about mid way lol...

If anything ask away i will be glad to share and compare my stories and expierences .If you want to talk more we can link up on fb.

Ps on a side note... im kinda of in a health insurance bind at the moments and i dont think i can cotinue with my medication. Its a pretty low dosage but can anyone give me some advice on what to expect?

Thanks

Hello and welcome!

There are several of us on here who are lucky to be able to be pretty active most of the time even while dealing with this stuff...I think the trick is being attentive to what your body tells you and knowing what your limits are. And, of course, keeping up with treatment...

I don't know what meds you are on, but I do know of many people who have stopped taking Plaquenil because of various reasons and end up wishing they had not done it....that medication does a lot more than you think it does!

For sure, make the investment in at least talking to your Rheumatologist before making any decisions, and have a plan for what you'll do if you start to go into a flare - you don't want it to run away with you and cause serious damage.

The health insurance bind makes all this really tough....but it's worth prioritizing your health. If you go into a horrible flare and can't work and rack up a ton of medical bills, you'll wish you'd spent a little bit NOW to make sure you stay as healthy as you can....

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks

Thanx :,) to bad i didnt get a bigger welcome.. xD but o well im ussed yo scarying people away ;-;

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome to WHL. Sorry I was unable to greet you sooner
    Last edited by tgal; 12-31-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~