Thread: Been lucky..

Thanks

Default Been lucky..

I'm new here but was diagnosed with Lupus in 2000. My issues all seemed to start in the late 90's when I was being treated for an eye infection. The first drug did nothing so they switched me to something else. That was when my trip to the bizarre began. Started with an odd feeling in my mouth, the inside of my cheeks just didn't feel right. That eventually progressed to pemphigoid. My next experience was lichen planus. I had several bouts of blood in my urine which the doctors never did figure out. Since my official Lupus diagnosis in 2000 I have had episcleritis, pancreatitis, diabetes, something I call "spots" which were red spots with pain deep in the muscle below, which when biopsied were another lupus related adventure. I discovered that I could cut the episodes of 'spots' down to a matter of days if I took ibuprofen at the first sign. Unfortunately, the nephritis now keeps me from being able to utilize the ibuprofen. This last year has been my worst. I've develped arthritis in both thumbs which is spreading to my wrists. And now I have a lot of issues with my hands due to trying to not use my thumbs. I dealt with the lupus well until the hand issues started. The pain is bad and it limits everything I do, frustrating and depressing. There are days when I don't think I have much fight left in me. My doctor is thinking I should start Rituximab. Anyone have experience with it? I worry about all the scarey side effects.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi weeble,
    sorry i have not used the medication.

but i did want to say hi

hi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Weeble (12-05-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome!
    I am sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty. I have not used Rituximab, but I know that we have members here who have. We have a forum entitled "Lupus Medications" where you might find a discussion about the drug. Otherwise, you can put "Rituximab" in the seach bar above and it will bring up all posts that mention that drug.
    If, after doing this, you still need information, please let me know and I will research the drug for you and provide you with as much information as I can. I wish you the very best and I am glad that you found us and decided to join our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!