Thread: Well...

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Well...

... I got a dx or Fibromyalgia today along with my Lupus... Plus a whole bunch of other crap thrown on my plate to start watching out for....

Does anyone here have fibro, too? What should I expect or watch out for or do or...??? Anything I should know or pay attention to BEYOND my Lupus?

Thanks
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Solesinger;
    I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, TMJ and IBS. Some of the symptoms of Fibro are very much like Lupus (fatigue, muscle pain, brain fog etc.) The difference is, Fibromyalgia is not a disease, it is a condition that is not life- threatening. The cause of FMS is still not known, but there are many triggering events thought to precipitate its onset. A few examples would be an infection (viral or bacterial), an automobile accident or the development of another disorder, such as LUPUS, rheumatoid arthritis, hypothyroidism. These triggering events probably don't cause FMS, but rather, they may awaken an underlying physiological abnormality that is already present.
    Here is some information about Fibromyalgia:

It is a widespread musculoskeletal pain and fatigue disorder for which the cause is still unknown. Fibromyalgia means pain in the muscles, ligaments, and tendons the soft fibrous tissues in the body. Your muscles may feel like they have been pulled or overworked. Sometimes the muscles twitch and at other times they burn. More women than men are afflicted with FMS, and it shows up in people of all ages. The symptoms of FM include:
    Pain, Fatigue, Sleep disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chronic Headaches, Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome (TMJ).
    Also, painful periods, chest pain, morning stiffness, cognitive or memory impairment, numbness and tingling sensations, muscle twitching, irritable bladder, the feeling of swollen extremities, skin sensitivities, dry eyes and mouth, dizziness, impaired coordination,sensitivity to odors, loud noises, bright lights, and sometimes even the medications that are prescribed.

As with Lupus, there is a lot of information about Fibromyalgia on the internet. So, like you, I have to learn about (and try to distinguish between) both FM and Lupus. That is, sometimes, hard to do!

I wish you the best!

Saysusie