Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! I'm new here. I have GI bleeding and no iron. I need a support system!

Thanks

Default Hi! I'm new here. I have GI bleeding and no iron. I need a support system!

I do not have lupus, altho I do have many lupus symptoms.

My Dr. says that I may fall into that 5% that does not fit into the Lab scale. I have been diagnosed by Baylor Medical Ctr as having Fibromyalgia. However that is only one problem.

I have gastrointestinal bleeding. They do not know where it is bleeding from. They have done the scopes, colonoscopy, cat scan, pill cam,
    and cannot find where it is bleeding from. It is melena and shows up in the stool.

I have had 9 units of blood transfused in, in less than 3 weeks. (Sept-Oct). I had the bone marrow test in Oct. and have NO IRON.

My hemoglobin is now down to 9.2 and I will have to start iron infusions again as soon as possible. I had three units when I was in the hospital in October. I do take iron tablets with vitamin C.

I found a thread on your site that the person had almost identical symptoms. I did not write down the name.

I would like to join your forum, as I am very much in need of a support system. Any and all help would be appreciated!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! Not everyone here has Lupus. Many here are on a journey to find out what is wrong with them. We will be here for you as you travel this path.

please make yourself at home. Ask whatever questions you want and we will do our best to answer them. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-06-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

hi,
    you are certainly welcome to be a member here.
    please read a few of the older posts.
    they are our personal experiences.
    hopefully you can find out what is wrong with you, so treatment can be effective.

btw. many of us have fibro.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-06-2012)

Thanks

Thank you both so very much! It is scary to not know why you are bleeding and the blood count to keep dropping at this rate.

It is comforting to know that there are others in a similar situation.

Thank you for your support!

I have interests in miniatures, I have a 12 room dollhouse; a doll collection that my Mom sculpted; I have two cats who are very entertaining, and a tropical garden with a hut........I have 2 children and 3 grandchildren.

Unfortunately we lost my Mom a year ago, and my sister has been very ill......both a long story, which totally drained what energy I did have. I have pretty much been in bed for many years and continually since June. Some days I barely have enough strength to stand up.

My son lives with me and is a tremendous help with cooking and chores, and is my driver most of the time.

Thank you so much for your support! Any knowledge of gi bleeding and iron infusions would be sincerely appreciated! I will start a new thread for that info.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, I have GI problems, and I've had iron problems when I was younger. Have you asked your doctor about Crohn's disease. My boss has that and the symptoms sound like hers.

Anyway welcome to WHL, always have good thoughts, positiveness brings hope and good feelings.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our WHL family.
    I am sorry that you are having so many issues which are not yet diagnosed. As has been mentioned, we have quite a few members here who do not have a diagnosis, or are diagnosed with MCTD or are still in the diagnostic process.
    Please read the stickys on the top of each forum as they are a wealth of information and browse around our site; read some blogs, member profiles, etc. Feel free to join any conversation that you wish or start one of your own. Again...welcome.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I had my first iron infusion this morning. I took Benadryl before I went so I had no reaction except a little itching immediately. It did make me feel achey this evening. I sure hope it stabilizes my hemoglobin! We will know on Monday when I get my blood checked.

I also have the Heart scan Monday, then the Nuclear Stress Test Tuesday, see the Hematologist Wed. and Iron Infusion again on Friday.

At least it will go by fast!

Hope everyone is doing OK! Have a great weekend!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to texasgal77 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-10-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks for the update! So glad it went well!

Rest and enjoy your weekend because it sounds like you have a busy week next week
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope that everything goes well today. Please let us know what the results are. Good luck tomorrow!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Everyone for your kind welcome and kind words!

My hemoglobin was up from 9.2 to 9.3. Yes, that is only .10 of a point, but that means I didn't lose any this week! Soooo that is great. I will have my blood checked again on Fri when I go get my iron rather than having to make two separate trips!

The nurse said today, "The iron is not the answer!" No, it's not, but it buys a little time while we are waiting for the problem to heal, bleeding to stop. So it helps! It keeps me out of the hospital from getting more blood transfusions.

I did not go do my cardiology testing as I was not feeling well last night and early this morning. I will reschedule after the first of the year.

Hope you had a good day. I spent this evening covering plants as I never did get them into the makeshift GH this year. It is supposed to be 31 Tues am and 32 Wed, 38 Thurs. am.

Thank you so much for your prayers!