Thread: Hello Everyone

Thanks

Default Hello Everyone

Hi,

I am really happy to be able to join this forum. I have spent the last 6 months browsing the web for anything I could find that related to my symptoms and often came upon this forum.

I started feeling sick about a year ago - fatigue, nausea, flu-like symptoms. My ANA is positive and I have skin rashes, hives, joint pain, muscle pain, and antibodies against my thyroid. I think I was pretty lucky to get my diagnosis in 6 months. My rheumatologist's wife actually has lupus. I was relived to get the diagnosis but I have been going through a pretty hard adjustment period.

It is so hard to feel unwell and try to do the things I want to for my family. I have three children that I homeschool and I want so badly to keep things as normal as possible for them. I have to rest a lot to be able to participate in outside activities. All day long I go in and out of periods where I feel so sick I can hardly stand it then it may pass and I feel ok for a while. I have so many questions that I think I will post on other threads.

Nicole

Thanks

WELCOME, and I am sure you will find great information and support here. The more you learn, the more empowered you will feel.

I think it's GREAT that you have a doc who has some real-life experience with this disease....so many docs understand it medically, but not really in HUMAN terms. (I don't mean to say I think it's great his wife has Lupus- that's awful - but you know what I mean, LOL...)

Hopefully as you and your doc learn more about your particular form of the disease (everybody is different), you will find effective treatments and feel better. In the meantime, try to find ways to be kind to yourself and nurture your health. It is hard at first, but eventually it becomes more comfortable, taking care of yourself and prioritizing your health. The more you can learn to do that, the less the disease will impact your life and also your family's.

Best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

Nicole (12-02-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Nicole! Welcome to the WHL family! I am sorry if you tried to join before but were locked out. We had a period where we had to close down to new members due to an influx of spammers. Our wonderful Admin. Was able to upgrade our system so they are (for the most part) kept out while those of you that really need us can get in oynce again.

Please make yourself at home here. We are glad to have you. Feel free to ask any questions that you want. There are wonderful, caring people that will do their best to help you through this difficult time.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Nicole (12-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Hi, ..... I have so many questions that I think I will post on other threads.

Nicole
    please do not feel that you cannot ask lots of questions.
    each of us was full of questions when we were first diagnosed.
    this place is here so people (you) can find answers.

in each section of the forum there are stickies......
    these are threads that contain what we consider important.
    please read them, as they will help with answers to lots of questions.
    also ask away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Nicole (12-03-2012)