Thread: new member

Thanks

Smile new member

Hi, I am Kristina but most people call me Kris. I have been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus, Fibro, Sjogrens, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Fatigue, General Anxiety Disorder and multiple bad disc with nerve compression in my spine. I am 38 years old and have been diagnosed with Lupus for 12 years. The other diagnosis have come up during the last 12 years. However, my doctor thinks I have had Lupus and Fibro and Sjogrens since I was a child. I am the proud mom of a 13 year old daughter and have been with my husband for 23 years, married 19 years. He is my rock and I could not handle living with Lupus without him!!! I joined this group because I live in a relatively small Oklahoma town and do not know anybody else with Lupus. I look forward to exchanging information with other people who are living with Lupus. Even though I am not newly diagnosed I think that the learning process should never stop and that Lupus effects everybody so differently. I know even after 12 years I still have questions, concerns and need support from someone other then my husband. I am happy to have found a positive environment to come to and share information without judgement or people trying to sell me their magical cures. I also hope I can be of some help to others.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family! I think most of us know we had the disease long before we were diagnosed with it. We just didn't know what was wrong with us. I am also glad you have a supportive family! That is such a benefit!

Please make yourself at home. Ask questions if you have them, chip in advice when you have it or simply just know that you have another family that is here for you as you deal with this lovely disease and its by products.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi kris and welcome.
    i am another one who had this for a long time before doctors could work out what it was.

welcome to a group of caring people, who love to exchange information.
    i have learnt so much from here.

Thanks

Hi Kris, I too live in a small town, so I know what it's like not to know anyone else who is going through what you're going through. And for me, WHL has been a really valuable source of support and information that I just don't have in my real life.

Welcome!

Thanks

Welcome! We're kind of our own "small town" here, but we all understand what it is to deal with this stuff. You will find lost of support and information.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi and welcome:
    As has been said, for many of us, we realized that we had suffered from symptoms of the disease for years prior to diagnosis. Suddenly, we realize that.."oh, I bet that was lupus then", or "now I know what that was about back then!" LOL
    Welcome to our family where we truly understand!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!