Thread: heatwave in sydney

Thanks

Default heatwave in sydney

well today has been just extremely awful reaching 38 degrees here today and going to be 42 tommorrow. fans are not much help. thats summer for you.simply dreadful.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

summer does not start till tommorrow.
    bet you cant wait for qld weather.

beautiful one day.......
    perfect the next.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

38 degrees Celsius = 100 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hot!

It's the opposite here. It's a very chilly 0 degrees this morning. The sun sets at 3:30 PM now, so nights are very long, and the lack of sunlight makes it very cold. Brrr...

Thanks

We're at about 32 degrees here in Wisconsin. Talking about the sun setting at 3:30, Rob, when the time changed my kids were getting on the bus in the dark (6:45 am), now it's just starting to get light out. Is it too early to say that I wish it were summer?!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leahc View Post
    We're at about 32 degrees here in Wisconsin. Talking about the sun setting at 3:30, Rob, when the time changed my kids were getting on the bus in the dark (6:45 am), now it's just starting to get light out. Is it too early to say that I wish it were summer?!
    I know what you mean! On the shortest day of the year (Dec 21) the sunset here is at 2:50 PM and it will be pitch black by 3:30! It always messes up my internal clock.

In the summer it's the opposite of course. In June/July there will be daylight until 10:00 PM. I don't mind that at all.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeaaaa i'm going to be grateful for once i'm in Texas. A cool 72F, sorry I don't speak Celsius, it's going to be a nice day. Pretty odd though it's been a warm winter usually by now we have snow and ice.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I'm in Texas too and while it is lovely right now it won't last. We have spent the last few months in horrible heat and even yesterday it was over 80 ( I am considering that cool compared to how much heat there was this summer). While the cold is hard on me, the extreme heat is worse. I am feeling for you, Kim
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

We've got a "normal" Indiana weather pattern... If you don't like the weather, wait a day and it'll change... We've gone from sunny and warm, to ice & snow and back again already this past week... Maybe I'll try to clean the gutters tomorrow... hmmm... ladders and me don't get along too well though...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

yes steve i know it can get hot in qld but the seabreeze i am looking forward to. living here in western sydney is always 5 degrees hotter than the city. it is shocking was going to go to pool but you cannot get in so crowded . even some of the beaches here are closed to red algae bloom.not that i would go anyway because of the sun. just going to take plenty of cool showers. but this heat is really bloating me i am drinkiing plenty of fluid. but it is retaining instead of releasing. at least in qld i won,t be bedridden so much from the cold and be able to walk more. going to the heated pool has helped my muscles they are considerably stronger in the last few months. and i have lost 20 kilos. so that helps. looking forward to walking along beach path and not have to worry about getting mugged like i have to here. queensland i am coming in january. and i cannot wait. the packing is takings its toll on me. hugs everyone have a good day. kim.