Thread: Bitter sweet I think

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Bitter sweet I think

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and newly diagnosed. This has been a long battle and I don't know what to make of it now. My husband is Navy, so I've never had a Dr. for very long to become interested in my symptoms, or I've moved and the persons didn't put my results in my chart making me have to start from scratch. It's been very frustrating and I started to question my sanity. Even though my mother has Chrone's, my sister lupus, my grandmother with both, I've been told that I have two kids and I have stress. Boy I wish there was a hair pulling emoticon! Never mind I had positive ANA's Dr.'s said were "viral caused." Never mind that I've been battling anemia for as long as I can remember. Never mind I was the only kid in elementary school who was allowed to wear sunglasses because I would get migraines from the sun. Can you tell the frustration yet? lol
    Anyways, I finally found a great dr that has taken an interest.
    I think I have a much milder case than my sister because my ANA was 1:80 and RF 1: 160 this last time I was checked, but the double strand thing came back positive so I guess that settles that it's not in my head.
    Well thank you for letting me vent my coming out so to speak! It's been more like an acceptance by the medical people more than if anything. My family and I have always known, but what could they do?
    Angela J.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Angela;
    There are SOOO many of us who, like you, knew that we were suffering from something specific LONG before we were diagnosed. And, for many of the same reasons that you have stated. Also, too many of us have been on the "diagnosis merry-go-round" with doctors who either didn't care or just shook their heads and dismissed us.
    Being diagnosed is generally a doubled edged blade...glad to have a name for our many ailments and dismayed to have a life-long disease!
    Hopefully your doctos will start you on treatment. That, along with lifestyle changes can start you on your way to living a relatively normal life. Please know that you are not alone!! I hope that we can be here for you whenever you need us.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

It's good to know my sis and I aren't the only sisters with lupus. We tend to mirror each other with health problems. We just laugh and at least have each other to commiserate with.
    Missy