Hi my name is Kelanie. I am new to this site and was kinda looking for other people who have lupus to chat with. I am 17 years old young lady. I am a senior in high school and this year I seem to be facing many problems due to my lupus. I was diagnosed with Lupus ( SLE) when i was nine years old. I also have kidney problems and arthritis and was just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am also hearing impaired. I take prednisone and have gained much weight since i was 9. It has also messed with my growth I am 4'9 and weight about 145 pounds. Its very hard for me to go to school without being bullied due to me looking like a 12 year old in high school. I have a hard time being at school everyday. I am often absent from school due to flare ups. Sometimes I get very sad becuz I cannot due what most of my family and friends can do. I always wanted to be in a sport but cannot due to my bones always hurting. I also want to loose weight. I guess i joined the site to meet others and find out how you guyes cope and take advice.