Thread: Hi, I am new

Thanks

Default Hi, I am new

oMy name is April. I have not been diagnoses with Lupus yet. My doctor called and said my bloodwork showed a positive ANA test. I have been having chronic pain since this summer and digestive issues. I can not see the Rheumotoligst until Dec. 17 and I feel like I am going crazy. I noticed this past week I have the butterfly redness across my face. I am freaking myself out by looking online and the pictures I see are really scaring me. A friend suggested I join this group and get advice from real people dealing with this. I appreciate everyone's support in advance. Also I am a mother of 4 kids ranging from ages 8-12. I am a SAHM who does a few cleaning jobs for extra cash. I am 31 years old.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi April. Your friend just asked me if you had joined!

first off take a deep breath! Remember that a positive ANA does not mean that you have Lupus and most Lupus symptoms can also be caused by something else. If it is Lupus, the last thing you want to do is stress yourself out because that will just make you more sick. Stress is the worst thing in the world for us.

you are now a part of the WHL family and we will be here for you as you travel this path. You are no longer alone. It's going to be OK
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-28-2012)

Thanks

December 17th might seem a ways off, but it's not really. Just be sure and take some pictures of your rash (or have someone do it for you), and either take a print-out in with your, or take them on a USB flash drive, or your cell phone, if the resolution is good enough to see what's what. Also, write down your symptoms, so you don't forget things (or again, use your cell phone). Good luck with it, and like Mari says, take a deep breath, exhale slowly, and try to relax about it, and let the docs do what they do. Don't forget about second opinions...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-28-2012), tgal (11-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey April! Glad you found it! (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi April;
    I am glad that you are here. Yes, this site is filled with wonderful people who are willing to help you in any way that we can. As Tgal mentioned, it is very important that you try hard not to over stress yourself, doing so only worsens our symptoms.
    While a positive ANA is generally found in most Lupus patients, that alone is not enough to make a Lupus diagnosis. Jmail has given you excellent advice for your upcoming appointment and I hope that it is helpful to you.
    Please let us know how your appointment goes and what the rheumatologist decides to do. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask us and we will do all that we can to give you honest, dependable, and well researched answers.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Welcome and I can tell you from first hand experience you are at the right place. These people on this forum are so uplifting when you consider that they are going through the same things as we are. Hope your appointment goes well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to doublecamp52 For This Useful Post:

tgal (11-28-2012)