Thread: Newly Diagnosed and New to the Forum

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Newly Diagnosed and New to the Forum

Hi. My name is Carrielee and I am a 22 year old female, and a junior in college. I was diagnosed with Lupus recently after an ER visit and admission for severe edema/leg pain/numbness and flu-like symptoms. My original diagnoses that led to the Lupus diagnosis were a serious/large DVT in my left leg and severely abnormal kidney labs/edema which led to a diagnosis of acute nephritis. I am on Cellcept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, and Avapro (blood pressure). My Lupus so far affects my skin, causes hair loss, kidneys, blood clots, joint pain and fatigue/flu-like symptoms.

I have a rheumy, nephrologist, and a neurologist for an unrelated issue (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome).

Thanks

Hi Carrie,
    Welcome to WHL. You will find many people here who understand what you are going through.
    I hope that your symptoms are under control quickly.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I just wanted to stop in and welcome you to the WHL family. I am sorry that you need us but, since you do, I am glad that you found us. Please make yourself at home
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Carrielee I'm also a junior in college. Having all these problems while trying to keep up with life and school can really suck. If you even want to talk feel free to message me. Hope you are feeling well
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family. I know that it must be very difficult to deal with so many symptoms while still trying to attend school. As Rizbit mentioned, she has been doing exactly that since High School.
    I do hope that your treatment/medications are able to get your symptoms under control. We are here to help you as much as we can and to give you answers, information and support. I am glad that you are here.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!