Thread: Good day! i have just joined and this is my first post!

Thanks

Exclamation Good day! i have just joined and this is my first post!

I am an African female from South africa in the KZN in a small town called Pietermaritzburg. I was diagnosed in 2004 with SLE and i am currently on panafcort ,plasmoquine,azapress,ecotrine and loxiflam. I have been well the last couple of months but since October I have been really tired and i was losing my hair also had a fever and a flue like symptoms. Now i have been exposed to Chicken pox and these symptoms are just getting worse. I dont have blisters yet but what can i do except to wait for them. I am really frustrated.Please help!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family!

Have you talked to your doctor about your worsening symptoms? While we do learn to handle our flares and Learn when to see a doctor, if you are at a point where it is causing you this much stress it may be time to talk to him. Lupus flares often are just what you described, flu like feelings, hair loss, etc. but you need to check with your doctor to make sure that is what is going on until you bbecome more familiar with how your body reacts. Remember, what you see on the outside are simply signs of what is going on inside so the doctor may want to add/change medications temporarily to get you out of this flare.

try not to stress too much though. Stress only makes us more ill. You are now a part of our family and we will be here for you as you travel down this road.

Keep us posted, please
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-25-2012)

Thanks

Hi and welcome to WHL!
    I hope that you are under a doctor's care for the chicken pox. I think that there are meds that they can give you to keep the symptoms mild.
    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tgal (11-23-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome. You have already been given great advise and I hope that you found it helpful. Please let us know what your doctors say and how you are doing. I do hope that you are able to get your symptoms manageable. Again, welcome and I wish you the best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!