Thread: You can call me Kitty ^_^

Thanks

Default You can call me Kitty ^_^

Hia i am Kitty (nickname from my bf), i have SLE Lupus, i had it since i was 14, i am now 27 and half the time i have bad days and the other half the time and right now i dont really know if i am coming or going, i want alone time, but i dont, i dont know if that even makes sence, see moms been staying with me cause i caught a bad infection in my ankle and its hard to walk about, i can walk around its the stairs thats getting to me, i love my mom and shes really helpped me a hell of alot, i feel bad for asking her to go home so i can have alone time and i feel guilty and that i should let her stay if she wants to, am i being mean by asking her to go home and allow me alone time???
    Last edited by KittyKatAllen; 11-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kitty,

I feel so strongly about my own alone time, that I purposely chose to move to a very remote and isolated part of the country after getting my SLE diagnosis. I value my alone time very much. With that in mind, I would say no, you are not wrong to need and take your own time for yourself, and you are not wrong to ask others, even your Mom, to allow you to do that.

Welcome to WHL,

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 11-23-2012 at 10:41 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-25-2012)

Thanks

Thank you Rob, yeah i wanted to have alone time to try get more independent, but it is very hard when your body doesnt want to do bog all for a day thank you for the welcome too

Kitty

Thanks

Hi Kitty,
    Welcome to WHL. Boy, do I understand about alone time! I have five adult children. It was crazy when they were all at home, and now I'm so glad for the nice quiet life that my hubby and I have without them. I'm even glad when he's off to school to work on his research and I can have my quiet time.
    We all need time to ourselves to rest, relax and heal.
    Hugs,
    Marla

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-25-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to our family. I agree that there is nothing wrong with needing and wanting some alone time. I also believe that your mother will understand if you request that of her. You could tell her that you want to try caring for yourself now and that you promise to call her immediately if you need any help @ all. As a parent, I would certainly understand and accept such a request!
    Best of luck ...

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!