Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Thankful For.......

Thanks

Default I'm Thankful For.......

In the spirit of the season, I think it's appropriate that we count our blessings.

I'll share three things that I'm thankful for in this challenging year:

1. Family and friends, old and new;
    2. Stable health;
    3. My cousin, who was diagnosed with Stage IV liver cancer in May (and told that she was not a surgical or transplant candidate), is consulting with a surgeon in Dec. since one of the two tumors is GONE and the other is markedly smaller. Hallelujah!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-25-2012), tgal (11-22-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Perfectly timed topic!

i am thankful that, an hour and a half ago, my daughter received her acceptance into the college she wants to go to next year!! There are actually two possible and she wants to tour them both but this one is her first choice and they accepted her the same week they received all of her information!

yes, we are very thankful around my house tonight!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-21-2012), Saysusie (11-25-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Perfectly timed topic!

i am thankful that, an hour and a half ago, my daughter received her acceptance into the college she wants to go to next year!! There are actually two possible and she wants to tour them both but this one is her first choice and they accepted her the same week they received all of her information!

Congrats Proud Mama!

What an accomplishment--for both of you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

thanksgiving is not the same tradition in australia, that it is in america......
    but i am surely thankful for W H L

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-23-2012), debbie-b (11-22-2012), Saysusie (11-25-2012), tgal (11-22-2012)

Thanks

I'm thankful for my family and friends, Johns Hopkins - specifically Dr. Petri's fellow George, and modern medicine. And even though they're part of my family, (who I already mentioned) I am so very thankful for my 6 month old son and for having a husband that is my best friend. They keep me smiling through all of this.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashleybritton For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-23-2012), Saysusie (11-25-2012), tgal (11-22-2012)

Thanks

Hard to pick just three!!!!

1) The people (and animals) I know and love....including all of you!
    2) A warm home and lots of good food to eat
    3) the river of kindness that motivates human beings to reach out to one another, feed one another, help one another, and reach for peace in a sometimes violent world. I do believe that in the end, love will win.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-23-2012), Saysusie (11-25-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Perfectly timed topic!

Good for both of you, Mari! I hope that it is a school that is out of Texas and that you move with her, since Texas has such lousy health care for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

13. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-24-2012)

Thanks

Let's see...
    I'm thankful for my sweet husband, my five kids and their spouses & significant others, my four grandchildren and the one who is on the way.
    I'm thankful for my two cats - Dax and Casper and my wonderful service dog - Conner.
    I'm thankful for my friends at WHL and in the Military Spouses' Club.
    Hugs,
    Marla

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-24-2012), Saysusie (11-25-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I've seen this thread come up when I click the new posts button many times. I really enjoy reading other's reasons for giving thanks. I've not posted in it though, because I've been thinking that for me, there is absolutely nothing to be thankful for in this awful, terrible year. An unforgettable year that I still try in vain to forget.

I've seen movies before where someone you love and respect like no other is sick, very sick. The story then turns to the family members meeting with Doctors in cold offices, talking about things like "end of life issues". Then comes the unthinkable-they have to take part in the decision to stop life support, and let the one they love, go.

Such things always happen to someone else. I always thought that it's terribly sad, but it won't happen, not to us. You think that such a thing will never happen to you or someone you love, until it actually does.

This year I lost my best friend-my Dad. Then I lost my friend of 13 years, my cat Sophie. What could I possibly be thankful for?

Well, after much thought, I realized that I have many things to be thankful for, and they're not small things either. I am thankful for my family and for the way we have been drawn closer in the wake of tragedy. We have a newfound closeness, and a sense of love and friendship like I've never seen before.

I'm thankful for all of my friends, both in my daily life, as well as my friends here at WHL. I stumbled upon this place almost five years ago, and the friends I've made here are something unique and irreplaceable. I don't know where I would be without the friendship and support I've found here.

I'm thankful for my two other cats- Sasha, and Fuzzy, who sit in my bedroom window looking at me whenever I leave to run errands, and who are still sitting there watching and waiting for me when I return, no matter how long I've been away.

And above all, I am thankful for an incredibly wonderful and caring woman who loves me no matter what-My Karen.

I'm very blessed. Despite it all, I have so much to be thankful for.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 11-24-2012 at 07:52 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (11-24-2012), n.mac (11-27-2012), SleepyInSeattle (11-24-2012), steve.b (11-24-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I've seen this thread come up ..................

I'm thankful for all of my friends, both in my daily life, as well as my friends here at WHL. I stumbled upon this place almost five years ago, and the friends I've made here are something unique and irreplaceable. I don't know where I would be without the friendship and support I've found here...................................

I'm very blessed. Despite it all, I have so much to be thankful for.

Rob

it is these type of words.... from the heart..... that make this place what it is

THANK YOU for being you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

n.mac (11-27-2012)