Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John F Kennedy

Thanks

Default John F Kennedy

Hey guys (actually more gals than guys, but we needn't be so PC over things yes?)

I'm back. Good news. My gf had her operation and was successful. She's looking forward to go back to work in a few days time (after 2 weeks of rest and boredom at home). I'd like to thank you guys for keeping her in your mind and prayers.

I do have a question though. Regards your ex-american president, John F Kennedy. I read somewhere (Reader's Digest I think), some time ago, that JFK had an autoimmune disease, and that he took predsinone and cortisoid drugs to control the disease.
    A search on Wikipedia turned out nothing, so I'm wondering if JFK had SLE or lupus of any other kind?

Hmm, if possible, can we have a list of other famous people who have lupus? I've found a positive technique to boost her confidence - through examples of famous successful people.

Micheal Jackson... I didn't use him as an example. Er.. who wants to use a pedo as an example?

I used Halle Berry and Sharon Stone (both have Type II diabetes) as an example... so I was wondering if I can find any famous people who are successful and are coping with lupus

Thank you.
    4 8 15 16 23 42, the sum of which is 108.

No, I don't watch Lost. I'm a CSI-watching guy.

Thanks

Don't know, but I think I have a list in a book at home somewhere.

Actress Teri Garr has MS, though. Lots on the internet about her.

Hope your GF is recovering well!

Thanks

Seal has lupus,

MJ doesn't have lupus...

Charels Corrult had Lupus

One of the backstreet boy's sister had lupus

James Gardener's daugher

Hip hop producer Jay Dee had Lupus...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Oh yeah... I forgot to say that they THINK that JFK might have had undiagnosed Celiac's disease.... They don't seem to REALLY know, though...

Thanks

I didn't know Seal has Lupus......

Plus, there's that reality tv girl/model from "America's Next Top Model" show - I think her name was Mercedes. She didn't win the show, but I think she became a spokesperson for the national lupus foundation or something.

Oh, and there is a writer - her name is Eugenie Seifer Olson. She's a chick lit writer. My aunt gave me a book of her's "The Pajama Game." A character in it struggles with lupus diagnosis among other things. It was cute.
    Missy

Thanks

I remember watching the top model episode with the model who came out and said she had lupus. I didn't know about Seal! Interesting!

Thanks

No way!! That's what the pajama game is about??? I guess I should actually SEE the play!!! LOL!

Thanks

I've heard that Elizabeth Taylor has SLE. This from several women I met through a support group. Rumor is, LFA or other group has pleaded with her to speak publicly about this illness, but she has refused b/c she did not want to diffuse all her great work for AIDS.

Don't know if it's true or not.

There are others in entertainment who have it too, but are fearful that they may not work again if it is known; Teri Garr has said on Larry King that she's had friends go to bat with networks for series ideas for her but she's been nixed because of her MS. It's always hard to say though, b/c women over 40 have a terrible time maintaining their careers no matter how healthy and talented they are.
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!

Thanks

Pietra Cherniak (a model), Billy Bob Thornton's ex-wife, has lupus.

Also, concerning Mercedes from America's Next Top Model - on a "where are they now" show, she described lupus as a "chronic illness where it attacks your immune system." I was mad and e-mailed LFA. They didn't respond, but I hope they fired her

Thanks

Yeah - Mercedes seemed really young and naive about her own disease. I guess at least she brought some awareness........
    Missy