Thread: Hi! New here from Louisiana

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi! New here from Louisiana

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, but am so thankful I have found it!
    I have been diagnosed with Lupus for 4 yrs. now and it has been totally life altering! I am 29 yrs. old, married with 3 kids, and it has been alot of ups and downs, but we're still hanging in there.
    I have learned that like with everything else, when you get thrown lemons, make lemonade! It has been a difficult road, but I am still here, and for that I am thankful!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Babyd :lol:
    We are happy that you found us. You are so right about the ups and downs of Lupus. One of the reasons for this forum is for us to help one another to navigate those ups and downs and to provide support, understanding and information.
    You sound very positive and that is important in the management of Lupus. I hope that you join us often and that we can be of help to you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Also from Louisiana!

I am also from Louisiana...northshore (covington) I am waiting on a diagnosis. I am going to the Rhume for the 1st time on 7/26. My other lupus test was done 3 years ago by my pcp in Shreveport. I had all physical symptoms but a negative ana, so I was diagnosed with Fifths Disease! 3 years later I am still suffering!! I'm not sure why I have put off going to the Rhume...maybe I just kept thinking the pain and other symptoms would go away or that they were caused by something else. I took anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, anti-anxiety meds and went to the physical therapist...all with limited, short term success. I am tired of hurting, tired of getting sick from the sun and tired of being tired. I know it is possible to feel good...just not sure how to get there.

Thanks

Welcome to you Babyd:

You sound like a very positive person and it well certainly help in your journey with lupus. I too have that personality trait but sometimes "have a fall from grace", especially when I can't seem to get on top of a flare-up which tends to happen often lately. I think that under that cloud of negativity at times is really fear. The thoughts that come with the feelings of pain and illness of "why can't I just will myself well" or "I'm doing everything right, how come I just can't feel better". I bet everyone out ther can identify with those feelings. This disease can be so frustrating at times and at other times it is quite doeable.

Anyway, glad to have made your acquaintance and welcome abourd. I'm sure you will find this site helpful, insightful and full of people who are walking up the same path as you and at times can help carry your bag.

Your friend from Canada ,,,,,Patricia