Thread: Link Between Uranium Exposure And Increased Lupus Rate

Thanks

Default Link Between Uranium Exposure And Increased Lupus Rate

People living near a former uranium ore processing facility in Ohio are experiencing a higher than average rate of lupus, according a new study conducted by scientists at the University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and other organs of the body...

More...

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Interesting article, but they didn't say anything about what kind of Uranium, and in what form, the people in the study were exposed to. I used to be a crewman on a tank that had both armor and ammunition made of Depleted Uranium. I wish the report was a little more detailed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-02-2012)

Thanks

This was on my local news earlier this week The doctor interviewed is one of my rheums! Here is the article posted by my local news station. I don't know that it gives much more info other than a little more background on the old plant. http://www.fox19.com/story/20078194/...her-lupus-rate
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (12-02-2012)