Thread: Plaquenil Pimples??

Thanks

Default Plaquenil Pimples??

I know lots of you are taking plaquenil, so I'm curious if anyone else has noticed breakouts from it. I started getting lots of little white zits (ICK) about three weeks ago - I thought they were from the Prednisone, but I've been off that now for two weeks and there's a new round of zits showing up. I've been on Plaquenil for about 6 weeks now...

Just curious!

Thanks

Nope haven't had that problem. Maybe Saysusie will be more help on that one. The only side effect I had was upset stomach for a few weeks, which phenergan took care of until I got "used" to the med.

Thanks

I too have not had any pimple problems....just regular monthly/stress hormone pimples. I've been on Plaquinel for about 6 months in additiion to prednisone that I have taken for 16 years.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. You know, it might be a "monthly" thing. Up until last month I was on B.C. pills, but had to go off because of my APS (clotting syndrome) diagnosis.

Since I had been on them my whole life, I never had any of these fun PMS symptoms until now. :roll:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never had this symptom with plaquenil. But, I have heard of others who say that they've gotten pimples after being placed on plaquenil. So, I guess that it can happen :cry:

Saysusie

Thanks

I did actually have that problem. But I did start Plaquenil soon after I went off birth control so I don't know if I can actually blame in on the Plaquenil.

Thanks

I have been on plaqunil for 2 1/2 years and have not have any problems.I do get acne when I'm on my period.I hope you can narrow the culprit down and find a good solution for you.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Thanks - it seems to be settling down. As symptoms go, I guess it could be a lot worse!

Thanks

I had big acne probls with Prednisone - took a while after reducing dose for it to subside. Also, bc pills do tend to help acne, so it would be common to break out after going off them - big hormone changes. They say that forehead and chin acne is hormonal - other sites can be other problems like bacterias, diet, etc. I had major forehead acne with the prednisone.
    Missy

Thanks

Hmm. Makes some sense. Mine was mostly chin. But a lot on my cheek too. It seems to be going away now, so maybe it was the prednisone. I will have to see if it shows up again next month. I feel like a teenager, learning to deal with acne and periods again at the age of 45!