Thread: lower leg pain

Thanks

Default lower leg pain

hi everyone. I am having lower leg pain when i try and walk any distance. i'm working in charleston sc right now and there is alot to see. now i used to be able to walk far distances, so the past few days i have been walking, less than a half mile, and after a few minutes my lower legs start to hurt alot. so much i need to stop and sit down or i cant move! now this morning, i walked for 15 minutes and my legs are killing me!! what do you do about leg pain??
    lisa
    dx with sle 02/2012 on 10 mg prednisone, 20 mgs simvistatin 7.5 mg meloxicam ,400mg plaquenil,12.5 mgs methotrexate

Thanks

Lisa, have you been evaluated for Peripheral Arterial Disease? Lower leg pain that gets worse with exercise is a hallmark of that disease. If this is something you've not been seen by a doctor for before, I'd encourage you to make an appointment soon. PAD is something you'd want to have evaluated and possibly treated sooner rather than later.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Derrie For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-05-2012)

Thanks

I've got issues with my legs doing *any* physical activity. 'Course, I'm a lazy 56 year old man... I have to stop and rest frequently, and I even avoid walking at times. I have some real issues if I try to do grocery shopping. My main problem right now is more the nerves that control the muscles than a circulation thing, but with lupus, there's several ways it can attack you & cause issues with sore legs, etc. Like Derrie says, consult your doc. Be sure and get as descriptive with your symptoms as you can. Any muscle spasms? Shortness of breath? More trouble going uphill or downhill? Do you have troubles getting up from a seated position? etc...

btw, my 12 year old just pointed out that I've got a "voice recorder" on my not-so-smart ('cause of the operator) non-smart cell phone... I'm going to start using that for my "notes" - if I can remember to do it, *and* how to do it...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (11-05-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Also, ask your doctor about "Restless Leg Syndrome". Another thing to consider is that, often time, leg pain after exertion can actually originate in the back. Have you had - or do you have - any back issues?

Most importantly,
    Leg pain may also be a symptom of deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg), which is a serious and life-threatening condition. The blood clot in the leg can break loose and cause a pulmonary embolism in the lung, a heart attack, or even a stroke.
    It is important that you seek immediate emergency medical care
    when you are experiencing leg pain after mild exercise or exertion, or if you are experiencing pain, swelling, redness, and warmth in the calf.

Please contact your doctors as soon as you can and let us know what they say.

Wishing you the best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!