Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatigue, how do you manage?

Thanks

Last week while in the worst flare I've had..I did something I said I would never do & it has me eating my words happily! I've weighed pros & cons to come to what has single handedly helped my stress, mood, pain & fatigue never could I have realized how beneficial it is for me AND my family! I lave decided that I will cut corners to save enough money to pay someone to clean house for me WHEW! I can finally breathe, take better care of myself & spend wonderful moments with my family even during a horrible flare I highly recommend it...barter for it, trade for it, cut out another indulgence once or twice...I thought I would hate it but I'm loving it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzanne1962 For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (09-28-2013)

Thanks

Add on to my prior post...I don't want anyone to think I'm not active..I am but try to include fun times with family maybe even walking & talking together. And even though someone is helping me keep house I still do the things I feel I can without over exertion..cook, fold clothes etc. everything is just flowing better..if I have to lay down, I'm not laying down stressing over what I couldn't get done,,lessening my mental stress & the family is happy I've done this for us

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I think it is fabulous! I would if I could. Anything to get to feeling better and the stress level down
    Last edited by tgal; 09-30-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I absolutely agree as I also have a house cleaner. Think about the "spoon theory" concept..... we who have Lupus have extremely bad fatigue and I don't know about you but I'm not going to waste my small amounts of energy on chores if I don't have to,, I save my spoons for my kids. No one knows how long we will be around but if I do retire early then I want to leave as many good memories behind as possible, and stressing about chores isn't one of them!

Thanks

I need to read the Spoon Theory, I see people mention it quite a bit on here ..this is all new to me (the forum that is ..I've had SLE for at least 13yrs)
    I'm glad Shanna & others that agree..because before getting help it was a source of pride to do it myself, but I wish I'd resorted to it years ago! There would have been many more good times had but better late than never. It took me a very long time to use a riding cart at the store when I was in bad shape but a therapist helped me "see" that it would help spare me in ways that would benefit me & my family...I'm OVER the pride bit! LOL

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Here is a link to The Spoon Theory. It has helped many of us

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wp...-spoon-theory/
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi peeps.

I just put a post up in regards to this...kinda.

I'm so glad that its not just me struggling with this damned lead blanket/spoon-less-ness. Wat a nightmare.
    How to be satisfied with what we have.....what an awkward idea!

Jx

Thanks

I have found for me it's the path of LEAST resistance...they all seem crummy but not fighting against it is helpful for me. Oh & thank you for the link tgal it is spot on...wonder if anyone has some spoons to let me borrow so I can go grocery shopping