Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tendonitis?

Thanks

Default tendonitis?

When I saw my rheumy yesterday, I told him that I have alot of pain in my tendons. The top of both hands, my soulders and my right ankle. He asked me, how I knew that it was a tendon pain, so I showed hin where the pain is and how intense the pain is and he agreed that it was Tendonitis.
    Does anyone else have it?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Yes. soft connective tissue... sigh. Mine varies with a flare. I can really get into a viscious cycle, sort of like, what came first? The joint pain, or the tendonitis?... tic
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Yes, me too! I've complained to the docs fairly often about the pain in my elbows and in the tendons of my hands.
    They always tell me "That's just tendonitis." I've never found a doc who is at all interested in telling me how to treat it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My rheumy just said, that they are inflammed, therefore Anti inflammatories and the MTX should take care of it.
    Well, I've got it while on those meds. It is so frustrating.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie,
    You're right. While I was on both Plaquenil and MTX, my skin issues cleared up completely and my joints stopped hurting, but the tendons continued to hurt just the same. My hands are continuing to get worse. I drop things and I can't open things without help.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Yeah, I'm right there with both of you. I can't open much of anything without help, pushing on the gas or break pedal in te car can result in stabbing pain at times, and any extensions or flexing of my tendons or joints are either stiff, painful or both! All this while on a year of Plaquenil and NSAIDs daily.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus" ...Fortune Favors the Brave.
    ~ Diagnosed SLE Lupus, Endometriosis, Anxiety Disorder, IBS~
    Meds: 400mg Plaquenil, Prednisone 6-day pack (for flares), 800mg Ibuprofen 3x day, Xanex (rarely), Vicodin (rarely)
    Supplements: Omega 3/6/9 complex, 2000iu Vit D, Iron/B12, Calcium, Folate complex, Cranberry, Probiotic, MSM/Glucosamine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deannegirl View Post
    Yeah, I'm right there with both of you. I can't open much of anything without help, pushing on the gas or break pedal in te car can result in stabbing pain at times, and any extensions or flexing of my tendons or joints are either stiff, painful or both! All this while on a year of Plaquenil and NSAIDs daily.
    deannegirl,
    You and me both with the pain while driving. My toes are numb and my foot and leg feels like a lead weight. It is painful to step on the brake. I don't dare to get on the highway, and I take back roads to avoid sitting at stoplights. It is a real downer for a girl who has loved cars and loved to drive since she was 13.
    Hugs,
    Marla

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

deannegirl (11-12-2012)

Thanks

poor deannegirl,i too suffer tendon pain its awful i literally screamed in walmart the other day when i was walking and sharp pain hit my foot.lately all my tendons are extreemely painfull and swelled , i noticed sugar makes me flare up.Im fixing to get serious about a sugar free diet and healthy foods in hopes it will reduce my inflamation .i am allergic to nsaids,the old saying use it or lose it is nonsince the more i do the worse i suffer. may god bless you and heal you. your friend ragdoll

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ragdoll For This Useful Post:

deannegirl (11-12-2012)

Thanks

Hello everyone,
    I haven't been on the site in a long time. Life has been crazy and I luckily have never had a flare. Starting this month though I am pretty sure I am having a flare. This is new to me and I didn't really know what was going on. When I was diagnosed I did not present with any joint, muscle, or tendon problems. It is almost 11 years later and I think I might be having a flare. This past summer the docs stopped my prednisone (which I have been on since diagnosis) and in March they stopped my Mycophenolate.
    Starting this month pretty much all the joints in my fingers, hands, and wrist are tender and it is hard to open bottles/containers etc. On my one arm I am also having a bunch of other problems. For about two weeks now, I haven't been able to straighten my arm without sharp pain. I was told by an urgent care doc it was a tendonitis. So is this what others experience during a flare?
    Whenever ever I wake up from sleeping (overnight, nap whatever) my deltoid in the same arm is weak and it hurts to move my arm. After I am awake for awhile though it stops. Any ideas what this could be if lupus-related?
    Just wanted to get some scoop because I don't like not knowing what is going on. I don't have a rhuemy at this time so not sure when I will be able to get into one :-(

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba89 For This Useful Post:

deannegirl (11-12-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

bubba,
    if it is similar to me......
    my muscles build up fluid when i rest. (not just sleep)
    this fluid inflames my muscles.
    the inflamed muscle cannot full stretch....
    my arms/ legs do not fully straighten.

once i have started to move and flex these limbs, they do move the fluid, so i can stretch.
    it can be very painful, especially if you move to quickly before the fluid has been removed.

as i said this is what happens to me......
    and with lupus anything is possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

deannegirl (11-12-2012)